***WHIR***Please help me give away Tony G - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

***WHIR***Please help me give away Tony G

Moderator: Football Moderators

***WHIR***Please help me give away Tony G

Postby tomas21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

I am in a ppr league with 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 rb/wr and 1 te.

I Graham and Tony G at TE, and would like to move Tony G for a pre-playoff upgrade elsewhere. There is a team in desperate need of a TE. Looking for help with making a fair offer.

My team:
Ryan, Vick
Foster/Tate, Forte/Bush, Chris Johnson
Welker, Julio, Crabtree
Graham, Tony G

His team:
RG3
Ryan Matthews, Alfred Morris
Calvin, Andre, Dez
Finley, Celek

What should I offer? I offered him the Bears RBs and Tony G for Andre or Calvin, and he balked. I then offered him Welker and Tony G for Calvin, and he wants to give me Andre. I don't think Andre is enough (if any) of an upgrade over Welker in a ppr league, especially if Houston clinches early. our playoffs run through week 16.

Please suggest and offer and I'll help you in return!
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ***WHIR***Please help me give away Tony G

Postby tindo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 pm

wow he's playing hard ball, i really like your team though. I don't totally think you have to trade since he is playing hard like this but if you really want to upgrade you have to go for calvin. i would try calvin for tony g and welker again and hold strong because you dont need this trade as bad as he does. he should break and if not, oh well youre still holding a seriously strong team.
tindo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Do you want a specific player or position or are you looking for the best possible deal?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby broseph jacobs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Wow, I was actually going to suggest the CHI RB's and Gonzo for Megatron, until I read the rest of your post. Dag! Yah, definitely don't do his counter-offer. He's a begger who's trying to be a chooser. (I'm assuming we're talking Andre Johnson, not Roberts haha) Throw Vick in on the original trade? haha I don't know...

I can't figure a favorable trade for you without paying too much. He's holding out on you, which is unfortunate. Apparently he isn't desperate enough. I don't see a solution here. Sorry, man. :,-(

Anyone else see a viable option for this guy?
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby tomas21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Boondoggie I am just looking to parlay Tony G into an upgrade anywhere. I can't use him, so I'd like to get something for him. My team is pretty strong, but there are a few elite teams (one guy has Brady, Rice, Richardson, AJ Green and Cruz...) so I'd like to see if I can get a little boost somewhere.

The other guy with TE issues has Brees for a QB. I spose I could try to trade Ryan and Tony G for Brees?
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sfninersfan1981 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Thanks for answering mine. This guy just doesn't want to do business. I'm not as high on Andre Johnson as some; so him rejecting Forte/Bush/Gonzo for AJ then countering with Welker/Gonzo for Andre would have been enough for me to know he's not negotiable. Is there anyone else you can look to deal to? You have 2 of the top 3, well with Gronk injured...THE top 2 TEs. There must be another team with a more fair owner.
sfninersfan1981
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah I think you'll have to look elsewhere. Welker/Tony G for Calvin but it's too much for Andre. If he's not budging I'd send out that same offer, or with the Bears RB's, for some studs on other TD needy teams.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)

Postby bandoogie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 pm

tomas21 wrote:Boondoggie I am just looking to parlay Tony G into an upgrade anywhere. I can't use him, so I'd like to get something for him. My team is pretty strong, but there are a few elite teams (one guy has Brady, Rice, Richardson, AJ Green and Cruz...) so I'd like to see if I can get a little boost somewhere.

The other guy with TE issues has Brees for a QB. I spose I could try to trade Ryan and Tony G for Brees?

Looking at your roster settings, I'd say you were pretty well off. You don't have to feel compelled to overpay in trading with this individual. What about Crabtree+Tony G for Dez?

You could take a look at this:
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... alue-chart
It hasn't been updated to include this past weeks' games. Just a general idea of comparison when trying to put offers together.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions