Gearing up for the playoffs - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Gearing up for the playoffs - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gearing up for the playoffs - WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:56 pm

PPR scoring, all td's = 6. Start QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DST. My roster (this week's starters in bold):

QB - Stafford, Romo
RB - McCoy, Sproles, Reece, Bryce
WR - Harvin, Wayne, Cobb, Bryant
TE - Witten
DST - Seattle
K - Tynes

I have clinched a playoff spot, and can get a first round bye with a win this week unless someone puts up a crazy point total. Couple of questions:

1. DST - Jets v ARI, Panthers @ KC, and Cowboys v PHI all available FA's. Is Seattle @ CHI a strong enough play to pass on the FA's? Seattle home against ARI next week in case I don't get that bye, and that's too good to pass up in a playoff game.

2. Ryan Broyles available as a FA. Any case for dropping one of the QB's to grab him, with Percy having no timetable to return? I'm one injury away from being in a bad spot at WR. If yes, which QB would you drop? I've been playing the QB matchup since week 5, and don't really like either guy's ROS schedule.

3. Is Reece valuable enough (remember, PPR) to hold onto even with DMC getting ready to come back, or should I be looking at a Daryl Richardson/Quizz Rodgers/Vick Ballard instead?

As always, WHIR. Thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gearing up for the playoffs - WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm

BearsFan65 wrote:PPR scoring, all td's = 6. Start QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DST. My roster (this week's starters in bold):

QB - Stafford, Romo
RB - McCoy, Sproles, Reece, Bryce
WR - Harvin, Wayne, Cobb, Bryant
TE - Witten
DST - Seattle
K - Tynes

I have clinched a playoff spot, and can get a first round bye with a win this week unless someone puts up a crazy point total. Couple of questions:

1. DST - Jets v ARI, Panthers @ KC, and Cowboys v PHI all available FA's. Is Seattle @ CHI a strong enough play to pass on the FA's? Seattle home against ARI next week in case I don't get that bye, and that's too good to pass up in a playoff game.

2. Ryan Broyles available as a FA. Any case for dropping one of the QB's to grab him, with Percy having no timetable to return? I'm one injury away from being in a bad spot at WR. If yes, which QB would you drop? I've been playing the QB matchup since week 5, and don't really like either guy's ROS schedule.

3. Is Reece valuable enough (remember, PPR) to hold onto even with DMC getting ready to come back, or should I be looking at a Daryl Richardson/Quizz Rodgers/Vick Ballard instead?

As always, WHIR. Thanks!

1. I like DAL vs. PHI, although I could see SEA posting more points. I'm not as bullish as you are on the Week 14 SEA matchup, simply due to the fact that their top 2 CBs are facing a suspension.

2 and 3... I would drop Reece for Broyles, or best available WR. I think DMac is back this week, obviously limiting Reece's upside. And with the shallow bench you have + Harvin's injury, I think you need the depth at WR over RB. I would not consider dropping either QB at this point.

good luck! ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Re: Gearing up for the playoffs - WHIR

Postby jc0525 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

I would defiantly go with a new def maybe try the jets or titans. It you really want to take a risk week 15 raiders play KC.
jc0525
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions