All In on the Cowboys? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

All In on the Cowboys? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

All In on the Cowboys? WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 pm

PPR scoring, td passes = 6. I'm already starting Dez and WItten. Two decisions to make:

1. QB - Romo v PHI, or Stafford v IND? I watched that Monday night game, and the Philly defense really is that bad. I'm just wondering if it's bad enough to justify starting Romo over Stafford, who on one hand looked ridiculously good on Thanksgiving, and on the other hasn't had two good games in a row so far this year. Could be a bit of a shootout with Stafford against Luck.

2. DST - I currently have Seattle @ CHI, which isn't awful, but the Cowboys DST is available. Last time they saw the Eagles it was a return TD, a pick six, and a sack/strip/recover TD. I can't imagine that kind of thing happening again - or can it? That last game was in Philly, this one is in Dallas, and Foles hasn't exactly looked like Colin Kaepernick so far. Do I drop Seattle for Dallas? Seattle is at home against Arizona next week, and that's a nice matchup even if the two CB's do get suspended.

If I go with Romo and the Dallas D, I'm basically putting my whole week in the hands of a team that....well, let's just say you never know which Cowboys team is going to show up. I have to say that watching Romo and Dez hook up on that 85 yarder last week was sweeeet (we get bonus points for long scoring plays, so that one snap was worth 25 points to me). On the other hand, if Romo has a bad day, Dez and Witten are probably going to have a bad day too.

If I win this week I get a first round bye in the playoffs, so it's not a completely meaningless game for me. Thoughts? WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: All In on the Cowboys? WHIR

Postby AxCam24 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Keep Seattle. Good D, creates turnovers. Dallas doesn't create TO's. Plus Cutler is enigmatic.

viewtopic.php?t=530882
AxCam24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Idubthe » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 pm

I Have to answer your question with an undoubtly defined YES! Romo will do you right.and Im a Skins fan boy would I love to see PHI win this! BUT thats not going to happen on either side of the ball. Stafford's been spotty. Basically I just like Romo's match up WaY Better.

D/ST Thats a bit tougher. SEA should have both of there CB's ( I think ) if so, I still like the Match up with DAL a touch more even then its tough but I'm a matchup guy on D/ST some of the stand by my guy D/st guys might argue.

HELP PLEASE!http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=530889
QB C. Newton
RB A. Peterson === S. Ridley, L. Miller, G. Bernard, R. Mathews, D.Richardson, B. Tate
WR A.J Green, R. Cobb ,=== P. Garcon , E. Royal, T.Y. Hilton
FLX
TE J. Cameron
K G. Zuerlein

Flex is TE or WR/RB
Idubthe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby woowoo crew » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm

I would play Stafford over Romo. It depends on how your league scores, but I think Stafford's game is more of a shoot out. If Murray plays, Dallas will run more when they get ahead. The DET/IND game could bounce back and forth all day, and Stafford already attempts 100 passes a game!

But I would go with the Dallas defense against Philly. Philly has given up big points to defenses in my league, while CHI has not. Dallas at home in a rivalry game, even without Vick is more favorable than SEA to me.

Help me please: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530893
PPR for QB, RB, WR; 1 pt. per 10 yds.; 6 pt. TD; 1 pt. per 15 return yds.
QB: Rodgers, Stafford
RB: McCoy, Foster
WR: Cobb, Cruz
TE: Bennett
W/R: Spiller
Bench: Edelman, Gordon, Garcon, Gronk, SJax, Fitzpatrick, Woodhead
woowoo crew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 89)