Torn!! Brees or RG3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Torn!! Brees or RG3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Torn!! Brees or RG3

Postby epphllps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

With a short week I need some opinions. Last week starting Brees, with a respectable 24 points in my standard Fox fantasy league, over RG3 (37 points) cost me the win by 7. Not sure any sites had griffin over Brees.

Who is the must start this week?
epphllps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Torn!! Brees or RG3

Postby wildsau » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

RG3 now has Garcon which helps a lot and he can score by himself.

Brees again has difficult matchup but the better weapons.

Go with RG3 or throw a coin.

Please have a look: viewtopic.php?t=530811
wildsau
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby epphllps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. So it's basically a toss up between these two especially given the match ups.
I have RG3 in right now so unless anyone has a strong vote for Brees, ill keep it this way and hope he goes off for almost 40 again.
epphllps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby T-Lo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry to make things difficult for you man, but Drew Brees all day long. It is tough because the NYG are giving up some of the most points to QB these recent weeks, but even with RGIII's talent, Brees is a beast and Falcons/Saints is a huge rivalry. I think it'll be a huge game.

I'm by no means some fantasy expert, but I would confidently go with Brees. Do what you feel is best.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby epphllps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:18 pm

This is the kind of conversation I was looking for. I haven't seen many questions about who to start involving these two guys when I typically check every Sunday in the chat rooms so it has always been just best guess for me bc they both can absolutely go off.
epphllps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby T-Lo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 pm

epphllps wrote:This is the kind of conversation I was looking for. I haven't seen many questions about who to start involving these two guys when I typically check every Sunday in the chat rooms so it has always been just best guess for me bc they both can absolutely go off.

Gather as much info as you can from people on sites like this, read "experts" opinions, and look at projections. On yahoo Brees is projected at apprx. 30 points while RGIII is at 23. Not to say projections are the best tool, but my gut is telling me Brees.

Especially with this being RGIII's first year. He has taken some hits now, we don't know what his health and durability is for the duration of a season. I have confidence in Brees.

Hell I love Matthew Stafford and he's been on my team 3 years now, but if I had Brees I'd start him every week ahead of Matt. IMO Brees is the best QB.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby epphllps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 pm

T-Lo wrote:
epphllps wrote:This is the kind of conversation I was looking for. I haven't seen many questions about who to start involving these two guys when I typically check every Sunday in the chat rooms so it has always been just best guess for me bc they both can absolutely go off.

Gather as much info as you can from people on sites like this, read "experts" opinions, and look at projections. On yahoo Brees is projected at apprx. 30 points while RGIII is at 23. Not to say projections are the best tool, but my gut is telling me Brees.

Especially with this being RGIII's first year. He has taken some hits now, we don't know what his health and durability is for the duration of a season. I have confidence in Brees.

Hell I love Matthew Stafford and he's been on my team 3 years now, but if I had Brees I'd start him every week ahead of Matt. IMO Brees is the best QB.

Appreciate it. While I'm no rookie to fantasy sports, I have never ventured on a site like this with others into the game as much as me. Looking at what happened with Green Bay at the hands of the giants, maybe Brees is the guy for the week. The giants D may be stepping it up at the critical time they always do. Tonight's game is looking to be another shootout.
epphllps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby T-Lo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Sorry to help lead you down the path to a possible loss this week, but it is a part of the game. Who could have predicted that Brees would take a giant dump all over national TV tonight. There was a chance he wouldn't have as great a game as projected, but I still expected a solid game. Not 5 interceptions. The whole Saints offense made so many uncharacteristic mistakes. With one of the worst defenses, you can't afford OFF mistakes.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby epphllps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 pm

T-Lo wrote:Sorry to help lead you down the path to a possible loss this week, but it is a part of the game. Who could have predicted that Brees would take a giant dump all over national TV tonight. There was a chance he wouldn't have as great a game as projected, but I still expected a solid game. Not 5 interceptions. The whole Saints offense made so many uncharacteristic mistakes. With one of the worst defenses, you can't afford OFF mistakes.

No hard feelings. I'm more shocked than anything. The streak ended and everything. That was a pathetic showing by the saints. I guess he was due a bad game, but yeah I most likely will lose this week after a no show from Brees and roddy white tonight. Been my worst season ever so I'm not too shocked lol. I feel bad for the true saints fans though. Good luck to you this week though.
epphllps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby T-Lo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 am

Colston (my WR) dropped multiple easy passes. Ingram tripped and fell on a crucial play. Sproles did as well if I remember right. Moore couldn't keep a hold of shit the first half other than one long pass for a first down, and hell, even Graham wasn't receiving well. Part of it was on Brees, but he threw good passes for the most part, until the interceptions started. :-o
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench