First place but should I be satisfied? *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First place but should I be satisfied? *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

First place but should I be satisfied? *WHIR*

Postby blu44 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 pm

So I am in first place in my standard scoring NFL league. I clinched playoffs a few weeks ago and can clinche first seed this week. I have scored about 100 points more than the 2nd place Team. Haven't made any trades as all I have attempted the other owner has come back with a ridiculous offer. d. Also, contemplating a few WW pickups now as a few players may be expendable. My initial gut reaction is to stay put for now unless I can swing a trade for a big producer (ala Arian Foster, Ray Rice, AJ Green). But I have been proactive in attempting to land a few big names and the counters have all come back asking for my top 3-4 players despite offering pretty good deals to begin with.

QB: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees (usually start Brees)
RB: Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Ryan Matthews, Beanie Wells
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Lance Moore, Denarius Moore, Dwayne Bowe
TE: Aaron Hernandez
Flex: Beanie (debating between Wells, Matthews or Garcon)
K: Matt Bryant
Def: Matchup based - this week Carolina

I figure and D. Bowe, D. Moore are expendable WW fodder. Some intriguing WW targets left are: Jaquizz Rodgers, Joique Bell, Shane Vereen, Julian Edelmen and Emmanuel Sanders. Would any of these pickups be worth a look? I don't really envision starting any of them.

Trade deadline is tomorrow: Thinking about trying to swing some combination of Manning, Matthews, Beanie and Wayne for Ray Rice. His roster is pretty depleted with injuries. His QBs are Palmer and Vick. Starting WRs D. Alexander and Andre Johnson. RBs are Rice and Spiller, with Rashad Jennings as his flex. He still has a chance at playoffs so I figure he may give up Rice to upgrade a few other spots.

Anyway, what are your opinions, will help/rate in return.
blu44
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First place but should I be satisfied? *WHIR*

Postby GMTdad » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm

I like your lineup and it's gotten you to first place so why mess with it. I would keep Wells at the Flex. I recently dropped Matthews myself for lack of production. Rodgers would be a good pick up I think (just did that myself too) and Bryce Brown if he's available in your league, at least until McCoy comes back.
GMTdad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ziggy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Very solid lineup and I agree with standing pat if you're in 1st. Only change I'd make is starting Mathews over beanie. A guaranteed 8-10 pts is hard to sneeze at and beanie makes me nervous. Just go play devils advocate, why not trade Peyton for one of the three marque playrrs you mentioned? I'd imagine you could gst rice or green for Peyton. You'd still have brees as your starter.

Edit: on my phone waiting on a plane, so please excuse the typos.
ziggy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby blu44 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 am

Thank you both. I tried for Bryce brown last week but lost out... damn first place waiver position. This will probably be the only week a start Beanie going forward. His matchup against the Jets run defense is just too enticing to pass up. I tired shipping Peyton out a few times this season with no luck. Problem with landing AJ is that his owner has RGIII so Peyton doesn't have much weight. Last night I offered Peyton and Matthews for Ray Rice and he countered with Manning, Richardson, Hernandez and Thomas for Rice and Gresham.

McCoy's owner is short right now and attempting to make a final push for the playoffs. Thinking of shipping some combo of Beanie, Garcon, L. Moore or D. Moore to see if I can buy low and hopefully have him return for the playoffs.
blu44
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Roster Ratings