Moderator: Football Moderators

Must win - Flex? (WHIR)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Choices
Demarco Murray
Felix Jones
Reggie Bush
Malcolm Floyd

I've gotta win this week to sneak into the playoffs so this decision is crucial.

I started Malcolm Floyd last week and that worked out fine, but all 3 options (Murray obviously didn't play) had about the same amount of points. Now it looks like Demarco Murray might be ready to go, but I'm not fond of starting a guy coming off an injury without getting a chance to see him play first.

Bush had a nice game last week (finally), but still split carries. They could get down quickly against NE, thereby limiting the run game in the 2nd half. He hasn't been active in the pass game at all.

Should I go w/ D. Murray if he doesn't have a set back? Floyd who seems pretty consistent, and a good option w/ Danario Alexander getting a lot of attention from the D? Or Reggie and hope he gets in the endzone early?

If you post a link i'll weigh in on your dilemma.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Must win - Flex? (WHIR)

Postby mr23 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Very tough decision here. I think the Patriots will get out in front of the Dolphins early and they will be forced to abandon the run game. Bush could get 20 + yards one one catch and potentially get you an overall 7-8 points, but with Thomas getting a lot of goal line carries I'm just not sure Bush is a good option this week.

Murray is a must start when healthy but the problem is we have no idea how healthy he is. If Murray doesn't start I think Felix Jones is a fine option because they utilize him in the passing game.

So for me it comes down to Murray and Floyd. It all comes down to if you want to go big (Murary could get you 15+ points on any given day) or be more conservative (Murray could get hurt again, not play much, while Floyd should get you a minimum of 4-5 points).
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby oe14203 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for help on mine!

I agree with the other poster. Go with Floyd if you want a high floor, but low ceiling. It does look like DeMarco is set to return and if he lasts the whole game I see him getting more points than Floyd. But, that staying healthy part is a big if.

Good luck
oe14203
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby GMTdad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks for your help with mine.

I have to agree with the other posters. Floyd seems like the sure and safe bet here. I have Murray too but am waiting another week to see if he's healthy. Of course there's always the risk that he'll go off and run for 200 yards this week. Good luck.
GMTdad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench