Flex. WHIR. Desperate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex. WHIR. Desperate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex. WHIR. Desperate

Postby drhanl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm

PPR league, with 1 pt. per 10 yards rushing and 20 yards receiving.

Who would you play at flex? (I'm planning on starting TY Hilton and Davone Bess at WR, so I'm desperate). If you think I'm crazy, please share your thoughts on some of these starting over Bess or Hilton.

Ballard at DET
D. Moore vs CLE
Wallace at BAL
D. Brown at DET

WW:
Hartline vs NE
S. Moss vs NYG
M. Tolbert at KC
Britt vs HOU
Stokley vs TB
Kerley vs ARI
Edelman at MIA
J. Wright at GB
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex. WHIR. Desperate

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:45 pm

I would stick with Wallace and Moore, they are the safer plays.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby MiracleMike513 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Jarius Wright playing in place of Harvin has been solid the last two weeks. Take a look at his numbers should be a solid Flex if not WR2 over Hilton in my opinion.
QB: R. Wilson RB: T. Richardson RB: A. Morris
WR: M. Colston WR: A. Boldin WR: J. Gordon
TE: V. Davis K: C. Sturgis DEF: Minnesota
BN: M. Jones-Drew BN: G. Bernard BN: K. Moreno
BN: T. Williams BN: P. Harvin BN: C. Kaep BN: G. Olsen
BN: G. Jennings PPR
MiracleMike513
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Postby drhanl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would stick with Wallace and Moore, they are the safer plays.

No offense, but in what way are Wallace and Moore safe plays. They have a combined 4 catches in the last 2 weeks. How is that safe?
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

drhanl wrote:PPR league, with 1 pt. per 10 yards rushing and 20 yards receiving.

Who would you play at flex? (I'm planning on starting TY Hilton and Davone Bess at WR, so I'm desperate). If you think I'm crazy, please share your thoughts on some of these starting over Bess or Hilton.

Ballard at DET
D. Moore vs CLE
Wallace at BAL
D. Brown at DET

WW:
Hartline vs NE
S. Moss vs NYG
M. Tolbert at KC
Britt vs HOU
Stokley vs TB
Kerley vs ARI
Edelman at MIA
J. Wright at GB

Ballard and Brown are hard to start since they share carries and Detroit his pretty good against the run, I would take Ballard over Brown. Don't like Wallace who may not be starting or Moore who will have bad weather and Joe Haden to deal with. Out of the WW options, I dint like Hartline, or rather I don't like starting two dolphin receivers. Moss is out, Tolbert might have an increase in workload, but that running attack of Carolina isn't that good. Stokley has been pretty good last couple of weeks and has a good match up. Kerley I don't like his QB, and he doesn't usually get a good number of catches. Britt I don't think you can use till we see how the new OC will use him. Edelman might be a sneaky play, but its hard to start NE pass catchers as they spread it around so much. Wright I don't know too much about, but he might be good with Percy out, he has been the last few weeks anyway.

In summary I like Ballard, but off the wire I like Stokely or Wright. If grabbing a WW guy means dropping one of the four you listed I think I'd just roll with Ballard, if you can grab one without dropping one of the four you listed I like Stokely best.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby bassackwards » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 am

Actually I like Hartline over both of them!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531077
bassackwards
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 89)

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

Not sure how "desperate" you are, but unless you are in a must-win situation against a team that is far superior to yours, you're going to want to play it as safe as possible. IF you truly are in an extremely desperate situation, go with a high risk/high reward lineup.

Denarius Moore - I agree with you that he's been a bit off as of late. And with Joe Haden shadowing him this Sunday, I don't like his chances for a rebound.

I would stay far away from the Indianapolis backfield right now. Ballard's involvement, including targets, has been on a decline as of late; and it's been a while since he's gotten into the end zone. I would expect a timeshare between he and Donald Brown this weekend. It's tending in that direction, anyways.

Two words describe Mike Wallace's fantasy value this Sunday: Charlie Batch. Last week Wallace was able to haul in only one of the seven "targets" from Batch. The Ravens - albeit with slightly clipped wings - will have their way with Batch and the Steelers Sunday afternoon. Stay away from Wallace.

With Percy Harvin out again, I could understand being tempted to take a flyer on Jarius Wright, considering he led the team in targets and receptions last week. Green Bay's defense just isn't the same without Clay Matthews, but I don't trust Christian Ponder's consistency, or lack-thereof. I'd call Jarius a boom/bust this weekend.

It seems it may be time to avoid Julian Edelman, as Josh McDaniels is perpetually switching things around. Just when Lloyd had been brushed aside following multiple weeks of forgettable performances, he was back in as the second wide out last week instead of Edelman. That means I can't trust what they are going to do from week to week with Edelman (exactly how Belichick wants it for opposing coaches, btw). If you get points for return yards, and you want to gamble he's back to being the 2nd wide-out this weekend, Edelman becomes high risk/reward for you against Miami.

Speaking of points for returns, T.Y. Hilton is now an option only if you do get points for returns. Starting T.Y. is a shaky scenario because last week things turned around as far as targets go. He was targeted higher than Avery in week 11, but last week his targets fell to 3, while Avery's krept up to 8. It seems Hilton becomes more risky going forward; his fantasy points last week were boosted by his 75-yard TD return.

There's no more high risk/reward option here than Santana Moss. Despite having low targets and touches, he seems to find pay dirt almost every week. Last week it was on his only target/reception. If that's not reason to hesitate, I don't know what is. The guy has 8 targets over the last three games... total. Not a safe play by any stretch.

It's tough to know if the Panthers will use Tolbert as a goal-line back again now that Stewart is out with the high ankle sprain. Even so, it's hard to put your chips down on a player who is sharing possible goal-line duties with QB Cam Newton. This is a big risk in my opinion.

Kenny Britt has big play potential, but with a new offensive coordinator in Tennessee and facing the Texans' defense, which has been worse than normal as of late. I certainly wouldn't call it a safe play (especially with how inaccurate Locker was in much of last week's loss), but I could see Britt as a high risk/high reward option this week in a PPR format. Two questions that have to be answered for that: Will Locker be accurate, especially with the likes of J.J. Watt in his face? and, Will Houston remain a bit shaky on defense again this week?

Jeremy Kerley is also someone I would stay away from. He's Sanchez' only real target, but it's Sanchez. I don't trust him or his receivers, even after some decent weeks mid-season. Last week was an embarrassment, and I shy from playing players on dreadful teams. On top of that, the Cardinals have the #4 passing defense in the league. No thanks.

If you're talking about a safe bet, I would make one on Brandon Stokley. He's had more targets in his last 5 games (23) than he did in the previous six (21). Take it from a guy who owns Decker and Thomas: Peyton isn't afraid to throw Stokley the ball. He's looking for his old chum every time he's being pressured. Stokley even caught 5 TD's this season, which isn't bad at all. Now, take that and add the worst passing defense in the league: Tampa Bay. Peyton will have a field day against the Buccaneers, but will still need to keep throwing the ball for two reasons: 1) Moreno won't be a strong weapon against Tampa's #1-ranked run defense, and 2) Freeman's arm and Martin's legs will likely find a way to keep the game relatively close. I like big days from almost every receiving player on the Broncos tomorrow.

I agree with you on playing Davone Bess. His targets have been high all season long, and he's quietly put together some nice fantasy outings, especially in the PPR format. That being said, I would also start Brian Hartline right along side him. With Hartline and Bess you're talking about two receivers who are each in the top 20 of targets (many times higher) almost every week, and Miami loves to throw the ball. Then consider Tannehill will be throwing from behind against the New England Patriots, who just happen to have the #30 ranked passing defense. I feel this will be a big day for either Hartline or Bess, if not both. I would roll with both of them. As I said, I start Decker and Thomas every week, and it usually works out nicely; I feel similarly about Hartline and Bess in PPR against NE this weekend.

THE SAFE PLAY
WR1 - Brian Hartline
WR2 - Davone Bess
Flex - Brandon Stokley (or, if you get points for return yards, maybe Julian Edelman, To a lesser extent, Hilton)

HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD
WR1 - Santana Moss
WR2 - Kenny Britt
Flex -Jarius Wright (or maybe a flyer on Tolbert)

Best of luck to you
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team