They let McCoy's owner get Bryce Brown!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

They let McCoy's owner get Bryce Brown!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

They let McCoy's owner get Bryce Brown!!!!

Postby Papa Deuce » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Our league is not like others. We get 8 moves a year ( pickups / drops ) .... That's it except if you get a player on IR.

And the team with the lowest total points who puts in for a player always gets first priority. I am out of moves, so I could not put in for him. I'm in 4th place, and would have put in for him if I could.... The guy who is in 1st place has LeSean McCoy. He put in for Bryce Brown this week..... Not one other team put in for him, and ALL OF THE OTHER TEAMS still had moves available.

They should have all just handed the guy their money and not even played. I always thought this was a league of smart owners, til now. After 19 years maybe they just became complacent, or maybe they lost their damn minds....

:-P
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: They let McCoy's owner get Bryce Brown!!!!

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 am

Boo hoo!! Maybe if you played it smarter you would have had a move left!!
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Papa Deuce » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 am

Bronco_7 wrote:Boo hoo!! Maybe if you played it smarter you would have had a move left!!

I had lots of injuries, but not IR injuries..... Regardless of your personal feelings you do know that itb was stupid to allow the guy in 1st place to pick up the handcuff, and if you don't know, then you probably should be in a sewing club.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Sure, but if there is nothing you can do about it don't whine about it! Gotta let everyone manage their teams as they see fit. That is why guys who know how to manage can win at Fantasy Football if the cards fall right!
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby TheBeaker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 pm

yeah, everyone played by the rules... it may suck but well... thats life.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Postby BearsFan65 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:41 am

I would like to officially announce that my advice to everyone must suck. I actually posted the following on 11/23:

"I don't care much for Bryce Brown or Parmele, their gigs are probably over when McCoy and MJD return. Brown maybe has some value as a cuff for McCoy, but the Philly offense is a train wreck, and McCoy only has value because he's that good."

So what did I do? Upon hearing later that day that McCoy probably had a multiple week concussion issue, I dropped Danny Amendola for Bryce Brown, took much ridicule from my fellow owners....and laughed all the way to a first round bye. Every single one of them (12 team league, no limit on moves, transaction charge after the first 10) left Brown out there for me to snag as a free agent right before his coming out party. So it's not just your league - 10 of the 12 owners in my league know what they're doing, and the other two are the blind squirrels that occasionally find an acorn. They all felt the same way I did, and the only difference was that as the McCoy owner, Brown had slightly more value to me than anyone else. We all thought Shady would be out one week tops, and who would waste a move on a one week backup in a bad offense when you have a transaction limit (as in your league?). It just happened to work out the way it did....so no bitching allowed, just move on. Good luck in your playoffs!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting