Who should I add for next season? (dynasty) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who should I add for next season? (dynasty)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I add for next season? (dynasty)

Postby ThePrez » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 am

Well my season is over in our 12 team dynasty league in 5th season. I've got a very solid team but faced most points (122 avg per game) and I missed the last spot by 1 game.

Soooo... looking to next season. We'll have a 3 round draft next preseason which will include all rookies and leftover FA's from this season. I can still add guys to my roster now and carry them over into next season. Do you notice anyone I should jump on (and who to drop)?

Prior to 3 round draft next year I will need to drop 3 guys... but I will cross that bridge when I get there... and only 1 drop can be either K or Def, so I can't drop both positions.

Here are league scoring and my roster -

Standard Yahoo scoring plus 0.5 PPR
Standard Yahoo roster plus RB/WR flex (QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, Flex, TE, K, D)

QB - Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Nick Foles
RB - Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, Bryce Brown, Isaiah Pead
WR - Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Brian Hartline, Mike Williams (TB), Titus Young
TE - Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen
K - Jason Hanson
D - New York Jets

At this point I'm basically looking to add best upside heading into next season considering I will still need to cut 3 from roster.

I have 3 questions regarding players to add heading into next season --

1) Should I add any of these WR/RBs? If so, who to drop:
WRs -SHolmes, ACollie, JBaldwin, VBrown, RRandle, DNelson, CBeasley
RBs - JBest, JBell, BPowell, CIvory

2) Should I drop kicker Hanson and add any of the following?:
BWalsh, GZuerlein, Prater

3) Should I drop Jets def and look for possible upside from 1 of the following?:
Arizona, San Diego, Minny, Atlanta, St Louis

Either my kicker or defense will be dropped heading into our rookie draft but I'll hold onto best talent available for now.

Much appreciate your thoughts!!!
ThePrez
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I add for next season? (dynasty)

Postby taw856 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 pm

San Diego's D is 6th best in ESPN standard scoring but frequently unowned because no one trusts Norv Turner. I'd consider grabbing them.

I'd prefer Prater among kickers listed, but it's pretty much a toss-up regardless.

And then as for the rest of your roster, I don't think Isaiah Pead will jump both S-Jax and Richardson to get playing time in STL, so that's your prospective drop if you find a better replacement -- but I also don't necessarily see anyone remarkable out there for you either. Randle is good, but his playing time is pretty limited behind Cruz and Nicks. Bilal Powell would be an okay add too since Shonn Greene is chronically right on the bubble of losing his job, but by the same token, the Jets offense will be pretty terrible either way unless they get a QB this offseason.

So... that's pretty much my 2 cents.

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=531308
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby srlarson » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

a Few comments:

K: I would take a chance on one of the rookie K's Hanson is solid, have him this year also, but Walsh and Zunder, both dome K's with cannon's for legs.....and Hanson will be there next year if needed....

D's: If your out this is a Drop place....Jet's/Arizona toss up......

My drops are Easy: Foles, Olsen, Jets D.....and if for some reason you want one of these.....T young is inthe dog house may not get out....

as for the others out there now....don't really like any of them.....If I had to pick one i would take a flyer on J Bell, but it's a shot in the dark......

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby dynastyman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:10 pm

ThePrez wrote:
Standard Yahoo scoring plus 0.5 PPR
Standard Yahoo roster plus RB/WR flex (QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, Flex, TE, K, D)

QB - Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Nick Foles
RB - Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, Bryce Brown, Isaiah Pead
WR - Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Brian Hartline, Mike Williams (TB), Titus Young
TE - Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen
K - Jason Hanson
D - New York Jets

At this point I'm basically looking to add best upside heading into next season considering I will still need to cut 3 from roster.

I have 3 questions regarding players to add heading into next season --

1) Should I add any of these WR/RBs? If so, who to drop:
WRs -SHolmes, ACollie, JBaldwin, VBrown, RRandle, DNelson, CBeasley
RBs - JBest, JBell, BPowell, CIvory

2) Should I drop kicker Hanson and add any of the following?:
BWalsh, GZuerlein, Prater

3) Should I drop Jets def and look for possible upside from 1 of the following?:
Arizona, San Diego, Minny, Atlanta, St Louis

Either my kicker or defense will be dropped heading into our rookie draft but I'll hold onto best talent available for now.

Much appreciate your thoughts!!!

1- I like Joique Bell the most of those options. I would definitely drop Titus Young for him. The man cannot be trusted and frankly you are not counting on him. Joique is the 3rd down RB and close out the game RB. He has significant upside if Leshoure ever goes down and even has an outside shot at stealing the job with the vastly superior YPC showing in 2012. Might carve out a committee role in addition to the 3rd down duties which all spells points if you need to start him in a pinch. The fact that Joique will never win the goal line duties from Leshoure is a negative, however the gain here over Titus Young still exists

2- I would drop Hanson for either Walsh or Zuerlein. Zuerlein might be more consistent until MIN finds a QB, so I would take Legatron by a hair over Walsh

3- Those are all solid DEF but I keep the JETS and hope they regain their elite status upon the return of the Darelle Revis.
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions