Nead dreadful WR help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Nead dreadful WR help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nead dreadful WR help

Postby Zrattlesnake » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:58 pm

7 - 6 record, with 6 teams at 6 -7 or 7 - 6 and only 4 can make the playoffs(week 15 thru 17). 3 WR slots and avg 9 total points from those 3 spots last 6 weeks and am still 5 - 1 over that span. Can go deep into playoffs if I get decent #'s out of my WR's. Pick 3 WR's;

1.Greg Jennings, my only must start

2. T.Y. Hilton, started twice and got 5 total points
3. Josh Gordon
4. Golden Tate
5. Mike Williams, He always bad when I start him
6. Chris Givens

I'm considering putting 5 names in a hat and picking 2 to start.
Thank you for any help
Zrattlesnake
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nead dreadful WR help

Postby bandoogie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 am

Is it ppr? It sounds like your team is pretty good besides your wr's so, you're probably just looking for some decent production as opposed to needing to hit a home-run. I think at this point, Josh Gordon has to be one of the two, then I'd say Givens because they have less people to compete with for catches.

J. Gordon - probably the top option in the passing game

Givens - definitely the top 1 or 2 option in the passing game with Amendola out

Williams - has to compete with VJax, and Dallas Clark as well as Martin out of the backfield, but the Eagles are horrible, maybe they'll let him get one of those trademark run down the seam wide open td's

Tate - has to compete really only with Baldwin and Rice, but if Rice can't play then he might get shadowed by Peterson. Peterson isn't a shutdown corner, but it's not clear how
Tate will react to that kind of attention. If Rice was playing, then I might be more on Tate. Also have to remember that Seattle might not have to throw much against Arizona

T.Y. - definitely an option in the passing game, but he still has to compete for targets with Wayne, Avery, and the TE's as well as RB's catch passes

Doesn't mean none of the other guys won't blow up, but if you're looking for who will get the most opportunities to produce, I like it in that order.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions