week 14 Decker situation PLZ Help!! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

week 14 Decker situation PLZ Help!! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

week 14 Decker situation PLZ Help!! WHIR

Postby righthandman69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

So i made the playoffs (PPR League). I'm worried that Eric Decker is going to continue his bad streak. I will list me roster including my bench so that you can see my FLEX options because right now Decker is in my WR2 slot but i considered moving Garcon from my FLEX to WR2 and benching Decker. But i don't know that i have a better option RB or WR wise. My relevant roster:

starters
RBs:
Foster
Forte

WRs:
Cobb
Decker

FLEX
Garcon

BENCH
McFadden (RB)
Marcel Reece (RB)
Amendola (WR)
Greg Jennings (WR)
Moreno (RB)

Please help me i can't make a comfortable decision. Thx and as always WHIR.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: week 14 Decker situation PLZ Help!! WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:10 pm

I would start Moreno at flex and Jennings at WR2. They both have solid match-ups this week; I would not be too concerned about starting Cobb and Jennings because Rodgers is an elite QB, so he will find them both.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby righthandman69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm

I considered starting both Jennings and Cobb, but that is putting a lot of faith in one team. I still might do it if Jordy is ruled out. However, i wanted to ask, you like Moreno over Garcon? Also, i can get Hilton off the waiver wire. Would this change any opinions?
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

righthandman69 wrote:I considered starting both Jennings and Cobb, but that is putting a lot of faith in one team. I still might do it if Jordy is ruled out. However, i wanted to ask, you like Moreno over Garcon?

I prefer Moreno over Garcon because the Broncos should get an early lead against the Raiders, so I expect Moreno to get over 15 touches. The Raiders are ranked 28th against the run this season.
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby righthandman69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:25 pm

what if i was ablew to get Hilton off waivers?
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:26 pm

righthandman69 wrote:what if i was ablew to get Hilton off waivers?

I prefer Hilton over Garcon and Decker, but I would still stick with Jennings at WR2 and Moreno at RB.
11stever11

Postby RiotBoi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I'd start Jennings over Cobb and have Decker as your 2nd WR. Jennings may be just back from being hurt and out of practice, but he's amazing. Last game was his reintroduction and i'm sure this week he'll be good. I do not like the idea of starting two WRs on the same team so Cobb is out. Why not have mcfadden or moreno in your flex? I'd much rather have them than your other WRs.

Help me out?:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531332
RiotBoi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby righthandman69 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 pm

I just don't see Denver utilizing their run game that much. Moreno has put up average to below average numbers in his 2 weeks and before that McGahee had only a few over average weeks. I know they play oakland but don't you think the ball will be getting thrown more than carried as usual? I only ask because i am looking to feel comfortable with my decisions lol.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

righthandman69 wrote:I just don't see Denver utilizing their run game that much. Moreno has put up average to below average numbers in his 2 weeks and before that McGahee had only a few over average weeks. I know they play oakland but don't you think the ball will be getting thrown more than carried as usual? I only ask because i am looking to feel comfortable with my decisions lol.

I think it will be closer to a balance offense this week, because they will get out to an early lead. Usually when it is close between a RB and WR for flex I prefer the RB because he gets the touches. If you really do not feel confident starting Moreno, McFadden is your next best option; however he carries risk since he is coming back from injury.
11stever11

Return to Who to Start/Bench