This sounds crazy, but maybe not? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

This sounds crazy, but maybe not? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

This sounds crazy, but maybe not? WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 pm

PPR scoring, all td's = 6. Start 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. My roster:

QB - Stafford, Romo
RB - McCoy, Sproles, B Brown, Reece
WR - Harvin, Wayne, Cobb, Bryant
TE - Witten
DST - Seattle
K - Tynes

I have a bye this week, so everything rides on weeks 15 and 16. I'm thinking about a "go big or go home" strategy for my roster. RB's are thin on the wire (Quizz and Dwyer about the only relevant guys out there), but there are lots of WR's to be had. Mike Williams has NO in week 15, Chris Givens has TB in week 16, and Antonio Brown might have value both weeks if Big Ben is back.

QB - Stafford's matchups - @ ARI, v ATL. With Young and Broyles out, he only has one receiving weapon to throw to. Is it unthinkable to drop him and ride Romo (v PIT, v NO) for those two weeks?

DST - Seattle is at Buffalo week 15. That's not horrible, but not great either, especially if they don't have their corners. I could get Detroit now (@ ARI week 15), but what about dropping them for another of those receivers, and waiting to see what DST's are available after this week?

Basically what I want to do is dump the excess now and grab assets that either I can use or keep my opponents from picking up. Is Reece droppable yet? I don't see better alternatives at RB, and don't want to be too thin there. I feel like it's going to be Brown and Sproles the rest of the way for me, unless McCoy gets cleared soon. Thoughts? WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: This sounds crazy, but maybe not? WHIR

Postby bandoogie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 am

Congratulations on your bye. Get rid of Reece for Dwyer as insurance. Yeah, I'd rather play Romo over Stafford the rest of the way. I wish they would just declare McCoy done, so owners can drop him. If the Seattle appeal is not successful, you don't want no part of them come week 15. What defenses are available on the wire right now? You might want to add another one in anticipation of next week. Assuming you do this, you'd need an extra spot and the only place you can find on as of now, is to drop a QB or a WR. I don't think you need to worry about you WR's because you have three capable starters and Harvin as insurance as he should be back week 15 if not this week. You could just drop reece and use that spot for an extra D, but I like to have at least one capable backup at RB and WR in case someone gets hurt.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am

I would drop Reece for Dwyer, they have already said that Dwyer will be the starter and that the rotation should not change going forward. I do think McCoy will be back, maybe not this week, but for sure before the end of the year. That said, I think they will split carries with Brown and McCoy, which makes it difficult for owners of one or both guys. Seattle should be fine for this week, but as was stated above, the secondary could take a major hit the following week, I'd start looking for alternatives. I still think Stafford is viable as he still has the best WR in the game, and two very viable options at TE. That being said, I do also like Romo, and he's got much better options at WR and a very good TE to throw to.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby rasmusDoh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 am

You're pretty set at RB (Sproles + Brown/McCoy), WR (all are great) and TE.

I'm not really crazy about Dwyer, but i guess he'll be better than Reece now.

As for QB both Stafford's and Romo's week 15 matchup sucks. Stafford's week 16 isn't great either.

Is a guy like Russell Wilson free? You could consider dropping Stafford to use him in week 15 and use Romo in 16!? Could be risky, but "go big or go home" as you say.

For DEF i'd want Seattle over Detroit
Is a team like San Diego maybe out in FA?

I'd like to pick up Mike Williams, but not really sure who to drop here. Despite his matchup, you probably wouldn't/shouldn't use him in week 15 anyway.
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 182)

Postby bandoogie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:22 am

rasmusDoh wrote:You're pretty set at RB (Sproles + Brown/McCoy), WR (all are great) and TE.

I'm not really crazy about Dwyer, but i guess he'll be better than Reece now.

As for QB both Stafford's and Romo's week 15 matchup sucks. Stafford's week 16 isn't great either.

Is a guy like Russell Wilson free? You could consider dropping Stafford to use him in week 15 and use Romo in 16!? Could be risky, but "go big or go home" as you say.

For DEF i'd want Seattle over Detroit
Is a team like San Diego maybe out in FA?

I'd like to pick up Mike Williams, but not really sure who to drop here. Despite his matchup, you probably wouldn't/shouldn't use him in week 15 anyway.

Second the idea of looking for a QB replacement on the wire. I don't particularly like Romo or Stafford this week.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Agreed. Ditch both if you can.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff