Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers

Postby bandoogie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:59 pm

dynastyman wrote:
bandoogie wrote:
srlarson wrote:

second this........like Ryan and Julio.....but it has to be done!!


This could work. WR is as a deep if not deeper position than QB.

Exactly. I wouldnt even keep Julio unless I thought he was a top 12 Option...and are we so certain of that?

I see Megatron, Marshall, AJG, DBryant (hard argue against lately), and even Harvin as clearly better.

That leaves Julio in the talented yet large group of wrs which follow. Julio, D-Thomas, Cruz, Nicks, Nelson, Roddy, Fitz...


All the while Rodgers is clearly, imo, the number 1 dynasty or otherwise QB. Ryan is not a keeper in your format and Rodgers is a clear upgrade over Julio. Go for it.


I'll give you that there are a number of wr ahead of Julio. I think he has the potential to be as good as anyone of them though. He's going to be the focal point as time goes on. As far as Rodgers being the #1 qb, I don't think it's cut and dry. Look at his scoring this year. He's 5th in yahoo standard scoring. All that said, Rodgers and Foster on the same team sounds good. I'd do it on the off chance the Packers get a running game next season. Maybe Steven Jackson?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 818
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers

Postby dynastyman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm

bandoogie wrote:
dynastyman wrote:
bandoogie wrote:
This could work. WR is as a deep if not deeper position than QB.

Exactly. I wouldnt even keep Julio unless I thought he was a top 12 Option...and are we so certain of that?

I see Megatron, Marshall, AJG, DBryant (hard argue against lately), and even Harvin as clearly better.

That leaves Julio in the talented yet large group of wrs which follow. Julio, D-Thomas, Cruz, Nicks, Nelson, Roddy, Fitz...


All the while Rodgers is clearly, imo, the number 1 dynasty or otherwise QB. Ryan is not a keeper in your format and Rodgers is a clear upgrade over Julio. Go for it.


I'll give you that there are a number of wr ahead of Julio. I think he has the potential to be as good as anyone of them though. He's going to be the focal point as time goes on. As far as Rodgers being the #1 qb, I don't think it's cut and dry. Look at his scoring this year. He's 5th in yahoo standard scoring. All that said, Rodgers and Foster on the same team sounds good. I'd do it on the off chance the Packers get a running game next season. Maybe Steven Jackson?




He certainly does have that potential but it is not likely (even at his best it is hard to see him beating the insane targets/touches sent toward Megatron, Marshall, and Harvin) But one could argue any of those top wrs could vie for top 5 status..yes..Julio Jones included.

I see your Aaron Rodgers is 5th argument and raise you that Julio is just 20th this season in per game average in a standard scoring ppr league. Further, the fact that Rodgers is 5th despite losing his number 1 wr for the whole season practically, and Jordy Nelson for many other games, and several OL injuries just shows what he can do. He is 5th and people would consider it a down year. That is pretty incredible.

Thanks for your thoughts.
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 19
Joined: 7 Dec 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers

Postby bandoogie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:11 pm

dynastyman wrote:
bandoogie wrote:
dynastyman wrote:Exactly. I wouldnt even keep Julio unless I thought he was a top 12 Option...and are we so certain of that?

I see Megatron, Marshall, AJG, DBryant (hard argue against lately), and even Harvin as clearly better.

That leaves Julio in the talented yet large group of wrs which follow. Julio, D-Thomas, Cruz, Nicks, Nelson, Roddy, Fitz...


All the while Rodgers is clearly, imo, the number 1 dynasty or otherwise QB. Ryan is not a keeper in your format and Rodgers is a clear upgrade over Julio. Go for it.


I'll give you that there are a number of wr ahead of Julio. I think he has the potential to be as good as anyone of them though. He's going to be the focal point as time goes on. As far as Rodgers being the #1 qb, I don't think it's cut and dry. Look at his scoring this year. He's 5th in yahoo standard scoring. All that said, Rodgers and Foster on the same team sounds good. I'd do it on the off chance the Packers get a running game next season. Maybe Steven Jackson?




He certainly does have that potential but it is not likely (even at his best it is hard to see him beating the insane targets/touches sent toward Megatron, Marshall, and Harvin) But one could argue any of those top wrs could vie for top 5 status..yes..Julio Jones included.

I see your Aaron Rodgers is 5th argument and raise you that Julio is just 20th this season in per game average in a standard scoring ppr league. Further, the fact that Rodgers is 5th despite losing his number 1 wr for the whole season practically, and Jordy Nelson for many other games, and several OL injuries just shows what he can do. He is 5th and people would consider it a down year. That is pretty incredible.

Thanks for your thoughts.


You're welcome. I believe my argument isn't so much for this season as it is for the future. As White and Gonzalez fade into the background, Julio will become the focal point with the potential to match the insane target numbers that Megatron and Marshall are receiving. I certainly see your argument and agree with it. From a personal standpoint if you ask me if I'm willing to take the possible immense future upside of Julio over Rodgers, then yeah, I'd do that. The QB pool is deep and Rodgers isn't going to get better. Last year was his ceiling. Also, I don't think it's fair to use injuries in your argument for Rodgers without acknowledging that Julio was also a victim of injury.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 818
(Past Year: 250)
Joined: 19 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for A. Rodgers

Postby dynastyman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm

bandoogie wrote:
dynastyman wrote:
bandoogie wrote:
I'll give you that there are a number of wr ahead of Julio. I think he has the potential to be as good as anyone of them though. He's going to be the focal point as time goes on. As far as Rodgers being the #1 qb, I don't think it's cut and dry. Look at his scoring this year. He's 5th in yahoo standard scoring. All that said, Rodgers and Foster on the same team sounds good. I'd do it on the off chance the Packers get a running game next season. Maybe Steven Jackson?




He certainly does have that potential but it is not likely (even at his best it is hard to see him beating the insane targets/touches sent toward Megatron, Marshall, and Harvin) But one could argue any of those top wrs could vie for top 5 status..yes..Julio Jones included.

I see your Aaron Rodgers is 5th argument and raise you that Julio is just 20th this season in per game average in a standard scoring ppr league. Further, the fact that Rodgers is 5th despite losing his number 1 wr for the whole season practically, and Jordy Nelson for many other games, and several OL injuries just shows what he can do. He is 5th and people would consider it a down year. That is pretty incredible.

Thanks for your thoughts.


You're welcome. I believe my argument isn't so much for this season as it is for the future. As White and Gonzalez fade into the background, Julio will become the focal point with the potential to match the insane target numbers that Megatron and Marshall are receiving. I certainly see your argument and agree with it. From a personal standpoint if you ask me if I'm willing to take the possible immense future upside of Julio over Rodgers, then yeah, I'd do that.

Fair enough, FF changes form year to year and it is important to keep rankings elastic bc last year wont be this year. I think I just prefer the sure thing of Rodgers to the potential of Julio. I know QB is deep, but think WR1-2 is equally deep. One other argument might be too consider ADP of Rodgers and Julio, where Rodgers will surely best Julio. I do see the counter-argument to that though, lots of people disagree with drafting a QB high.

The QB pool is deep and Rodgers isn't going to get better. Last year was his ceiling. Also, I don't think it's fair to use injuries in your argument for Rodgers without acknowledging that Julio was also a victim of injury.

I agree, Rodgers has a ceiling of 2011. I just think that is a pretty awesome thing.
On Julio's injuries- I know he has had a few nicks, but he has played in each and every game and gotten a handful of targets each game. He has not been seriously questionable yet while Rodgers has played without Jennings and Nelson so very often. I didnt think at the time that the comparison was egregious, but I can see your point.
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 19
Joined: 7 Dec 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:13 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact