Danario Alexander ,Kendall Wright, or Josh Gordon (PPR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Danario Alexander ,Kendall Wright, or Josh Gordon (PPR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Danario Alexander ,Kendall Wright, or Josh Gordon (PPR)

Postby kronik85 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Kendall Wright has a much much easier matchup, Tenn will need to throw to stay in what should be a high scoring game (at least on Indy's part). Though he isn't a starter, he's getting starter targets for the most part. And making the most out of them.

Danario Alexander has Rivers throwing to him against a Pitt defense that is shutting down QB/WRs... but Pitt also has a starting corner back out and Danario takes alot of quick screens and turns them into 15 yard gains. Will likely be very low scoring but Danario should be seeing alot of quick slants/screens.

Danario has played really really well lately, but Pitt scares me and Kendall has been consistent though somewhat low scoring. I'm leaning to starting Kendall.

edit : With Percy on IR, I just picked up Josh Gordon. Thoughts?

I could swap any of these guys in for Miles Austin as well... he seems to be recovering fine but the Bengals pass defense is doing pretty well.
Last edited by kronik85 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Danario Alexander or Kendall Wright (PPR)

Postby sexualbanana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

It would depend on how badly you need to win this week.

Kendall Wright, in my mind, is a high-risk high-reward play. He'll either get you a ton of points or none at all.
Denario is a safer play and will probably net you a solid (but not special) amount of points.
sexualbanana
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Danario Alexander ,Kendall Wright, or Josh Gordon (PPR)

Postby kronik85 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 am

bump, now have Josh Gordon to factor in.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby soon179 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

I would still go with Alexander the great. Tuff match up yes but he is healthy so I would start him. Wright is very risky play . All or nothing and his issues with drops / fumbles does not help his cause to start in confidence. Go with Alexander.
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby leffe186 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 am

I'm going to go against the grain here. Something in my gut tells me that Josh Gordon is going to have a massive game this week. I should warn you that I'm a Browns fan, but Gordon is getting better and better, and the Browns are up against the Chiefs.

I actually favour Wright over Alexander if you dismiss Gordon, as Wright has a great matchup and is getting loads of targets.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531497
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Postby kronik85 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:56 pm

I've actually got Josh Gordon and Miles Austin going at the moment. I know DX has been a beast, but Rivers' oline is pretty awful and are going to get torn up by Pitt.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nextSportStar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

It all depends on the game plan. But from my view i will like Alexander.Have a nice game.
nextSportStar
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kronik85 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Hm, thought I responded last night.

By what game plan are you referring to, mine or SD? I'm neck and neck with my opponent as far as projections go. I neither need to play it really safe and pick the low floor guy, or go for broke and go with the higher upside guy. As for SD's... I think they'll struggle to get any momentum, and their passing game is going to be dink and dunk due to pressure. DX however turns extremely short catches into 10 or 15 yard gains.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench