Interesting trade offer....please help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Interesting trade offer....please help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting trade offer....please help!

Postby wtr23 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:42 pm

A guy posted a message in our forum the other day, he's looking for a top RB and is willing to trade any of his WRs to get one. I am pretty strong at RB at the moment, I'll list in order that I am most comfortable trading:

Brown- arguably the best back in the fantasy world right now, but with McCoy to return his workload will be reduced around playoff time
DMC- 1) coming off of an injury 2)Not really having a great season 3)when the raiders fall behind they abandon the run
Moreno- decent option at RB, wouldn't mind starting him at felx or RB2 if the matchup is good.
Murray- He played last week and looks good to start this week, probably the best option going forward.

his WRs (in order of interest): Cobb, Garcon, Hilton, Jennings, fitz, S. Smith (CAR).

I'm ok at WR but lacking some depth (Cruz and Wayne are my best options, then its Amendola and WW picks for the flex and warming the bench). I think I have a fairly good chance with Brown/Garcon, I like Cobb more but realistically I don't see him going for it. Thoughts?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Interesting trade offer....please help!

Postby bandoogie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 am

If you prefer Cobb over Garcon, start with that. You never know what someone is willing to trade. Then you can work down to Garcon. Note: There is no guarantee McCoy is coming back. According to the latest news, McCoy is still suffering symptoms. I'd much rather keep Brown over any of the other backs you listed with the potential that he will have the backfield to himself for the rest of the season. If you traded him and that was the case, I think you'd want to kick yourself. Something to think about.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 250)

Postby wtr23 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Very good point.. however with the backs I have, 2 of 4 playing in tonight's game, I don't think he would be willing to trade for either knowing they are not going to put up numbers for him this week. It would be different if if he had secured a playoff spot, but he will be battling for his place this week and that makes me think he will not want to take a risk with the backs he has going this week, and obviously Brown is preferred over Murray after these last two weeks.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby dynastyman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:43 pm

I would stand pat

DMC got nicked up, again. Your RBs are pretty good but by no means stellar. You want to keep Brown both in case Shady stays sidelined the rest of the year and bc you really need him in there.

I think a healthy Amendola is a FINE WR3 in a ppr, and given that you have Givens for when Amendola is not healthy your WR3 spot stays solid.

Keep your strength at RB and play Amendola/Givens at WR3.
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions