Plaques - an inexpensive award. (now with image) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Plaques - an inexpensive award. (now with image)

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Plaques - an inexpensive award. (now with image)

Postby AdamB5000 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 pm

My brother heads a league but I don't like how he runs it so I'm branching off and starting one of my own. One of the things I want to improve upon is the award situation. After the first year I took it upon myself to fabricate a trophy for the winner. This year he again is doing nothing so we just have that homemade 'pass around' trophy.

Thinking ahead to next year I want to have a proper keeper trophy for the overall winner, but I'd also like to have a couple other awards, such as recognizing most points scored during the regular season. I think there are some achievements worth recognizing during the fantasy season other than just the overall winner. However a nice trophy is too much money to fund such a thing and I don't like cheap looking trophies. So I thought I'd make a certificate.

I grabbed some 5"x7" plaques that hold 4x6 paper (I'd share a link, but the forum said my link looks too "spammy"). I worked up a certificate in Photoshop and printed it on my inkjet to some matte photo paper. I couldn't even find any 1" diameter gold foil stickers that would work (most are 2" and would be too large for the small certificate) so I shopped one onto the corner.

The result is pretty good, I think. The quality actually looks pretty good and I think people are more apt to appreciate a decent looking plaque than a cheap trophy. I also think they're more likely to hang onto a 4x6 certificate in a 5x7 plaque instead of a somewhat large 8.5x11 certificate.

This is a rough draft so far. To the side (pictured) are some "antique gold" nails that will be hammered in once completed. I haven't yet done that as I'm still in the draft phase, but I'm close. All in all it works very well and I'm excited for the result.

I just thought I'd share that. Thanks.

I was going to share a pic but it says my post looks too spammy. I can't seem to attach one either. I'd gladly post pics if I had the ability. The post seems kind of worthless without it. 8)
Last edited by AdamB5000 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamB5000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Plaques - an inexpensive award.

Postby AdamB5000 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 am

Test to see if I can link to an image.

Yay! I finally have linking abilities!

Well there is what I'm talking about. I bought about 12 plaques which came to $5/ea. after shipping. My 100 pack photo paper is probably $10-15 plus the cost of ink (<$1/sheet). I've since hammered the nails in. It looks very refined and professional all finished.

Not bad for less than $6 to recognize an achievement. I thought it would be fun to share this idea. At some point I'll try to grab a photo of the finished plaque with nails hammered in and an updated award (pictured was the last draft before I went with a final design).
AdamB5000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

pozycjonowanie kraków

Postby Johnkozaki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm

You're absolutely right
Johnkozaki
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Contests and Showing Off