Sit Ray Rice this week? (PPR League) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Sit Ray Rice this week? (PPR League)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sit Ray Rice this week? (PPR League)

Postby Solak » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah, I know that's an inflammatory headline but seriously, should I? He has a tough matchup with Washington so I've put him in the flex spot to give me the most options. Here are the choices:

W/T/R - Ray Rice v Was
Bench - Jimmy Graham v NYG
Bench - Stevie Johnson v StL

I would normally use a RB above a receiver (OR TE) in almost any situation. The only thing making me question Rice is the matchup. (and Jimmy has a pretty good one) Stevie OTOH is a distant third IMO.

The rest of the lineup goes like this:
QB Luck (Stafford on bench)
WR Marshal
WR Cruz
RB Bryce Brown
RB Mikel Leshoure
WR/TE Pierre Garcon
W/T/R ?????

As for the rest of the lineup... Yeah, I'm very serious, Garcon over Graham, In the three weeks Garcon has been healthy (weeks 1, 12, & 13) he has out produced Graham by a mile (week one was close but Garcon was out by half time.)

As for the RBs, Bryce is clearly in a better position to score more points then Rice this week. Leshoure is a more questionable call but he has also been doing really well.

FYI we are not in playoffs yet so this is not a loose it, go home game for me.

If you post a link to your question, I'll try to help out in return.

Thanks

Condors Coach (12-1)
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sit Ray Rice this week? (PPR League)

Postby mtculp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm

I still think Rice is the best option for either RB or flex. Graham has a tough matchup. NYG giving the fewest pts to TEs in Yahoo! standard scoring. Steve Johnson cannot be trusted. (I know, I'm a Bills fan.)

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=531636
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 10)

Postby robotninja » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 pm

I would put Rice in for Leshore and Graham in at Flex.

Especially with PPR Rice is a commodity even though he has had a fairly rough season (by his standards).

Even though Graham has a rough matchup he is a monster and that game should be crazy.

Help on mine?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531629
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby kronik85 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 pm

depends, do you think mikel leshoure would do better than rice this week? i personally consider rice nearly matchup proof. that offense must run through him to win.

however leshoure has been able to get into the red zone through detroits passing and score those short TDs while still be quite good. but, has bell to contend with while rice is the man who simply has poor game calling going against him.

last 4 weeks rice has scored 70 in my ppr, leshoure 50.

i would go with my stud, play rice. i think i'd give the nod to graham over garcon. but both should be very strong plays. i don't think you go wrong with either. i think garcon has the lower floor with griffin throwing the ball, but the BAL defense has been keeping QBs down, and Trent Williams is hurt (though should play), so Griffin's blind side could be gimped/downgraded. Brees can get the ball to anyone (and Jimmy is a favorite target, who shouldn't be forgotten) and has a much easier matchup that should turn into shoot out status.
kronik85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ZeroSum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Aren't you concerned Joique Bell could eat into Leshoure's touch count? I have been reading may get more opportunities but don't know. If Bell gets more playing time that will very much affect Leshoure which would negate his start in place of Rice.
ZeroSum
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby dwadeoverlebron » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

You have to start Rice with all the injuries on the def side for the ravens theyre going to run a lot to keep the TOP in there favor.. Go with rice!

Can you help with mines?

viewtopic.php?t=531649

thanks!
dwadeoverlebron
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench