**Dynasty** End of Season Steals - Give your opinion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

**Dynasty** End of Season Steals - Give your opinion

Moderator: Football Moderators

**Dynasty** End of Season Steals - Give your opinion

Postby hers8lax » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm

There are a bunch of guys out there! Weigh in on them. I know you guys have an opinion!

Josh Gordon
Isaiah Pead
Chris Givens
Kendall Wright
Ryan Broyles
Vick Ballard
Kendall Hunter
Jonathan Dwyer
Dwayne Allen / Colby Fleener
Kyle Rudolph
etc, etc....
hers8lax
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: **Dynasty** End of Season Steals - Give your opinion

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 am

Gordon-he is the best option out of this group, he has WR3 upside.
Read-he is a stash, but he probably will not be worth more then a RB4
Givens-high upside based on his big play ability, great WR5
Wright-he looked decent so far, but his value will be related to his QB situation
Broyles-PPR target, looks like Young is out of Detroit
Ballard-I do not see him as the long term solution
Hunter-He has nice upside especially with Gore on the decline, I don't know if he can be an every down back
Dwyer-he has played well but not great. I think it depends on how he plays the rest of the season. He is worth a pickup.
Allen/Flener-they cap each-others upside
Rudolph-a top 10 TE
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby dynastyman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 am

hers8lax wrote:There are a bunch of guys out there! Weigh in on them. I know you guys have an opinion!

Josh Gordon
Isaiah Pead
Chris Givens
Kendall Wright
Ryan Broyles
Vick Ballard
Kendall Hunter
Jonathan Dwyer
Kyle Rudolph
etc, etc....

Must be a small roster dynasty, as all of those players have been rostered in my league since September. I find myself getting more and more greedy and I want to roster EVERYONE getting bigger and bigger rosters.

Anyway. Gordon, Givens, and Wright might just be the best WR options on their teams. Gordon is there already.

Amendola is a skilled wr, but Givens has the talent to become better. His deep threat talent is great and lately his short threat ability has been showcased with Amendola's absence. The guy seems like he can do it all. I would be very excited to own him.

In TEN Britt gets all of the buzz, and he can get deep. But Wright seems to have the more well-rounded game, imo. Fantasy Football is as much about targets as it is about talent. I think Britt is more talented than Wright, but Wright will beat him in targets and Wright has the ability to do damage with the ball in his hands.

Broyles won't be the number 1 guy on his team, that is for certain. But Titus Youngs inability to act like a mature professional and Burleson's age and contract (and lesser skills) leaves a significant void in the DET WR position. FWIW, I don't see Mike Thomas as a threat. He has been far too inconsistent in his career and the drops cannot be attributed poor QB play

I am not a Pead fan. SJAX looks rejuvenated, but even if SJAX moves on or doesnt, yet hits a wall in 2013, I think Daryl Richardson has outshone Pead easily. It is not just Drich looking good either, it is Pead looking bad. He has had fumble problems in his limited opportunities. This post is no guarantee that Pead wont turn it around, just the way I see it right now.

Ballard is clearly the best RB on the Colts, in what should be one of the most improving and talented offenses in 2013 (look what they have done in their rebuild season?) If the Colts make no move to get someone else at the position, then Ballard will definitely flirt with decent RB2 status

I think Kendall Hunter is never going to be 'the guy'. I see SF bringing in yet another RB to compete once Gore is gone...Hunter is one of those guys who will never even be a consistent RB3 ..but SFs OL and Hunter's talent will entice many. Guess I am not one of those people.

Mendenhall is a FA in 2013, IIRC. That leaves a hole in the PITT running game..such as it is. Dwyer has been the best rb option this year, but it is a team rb situation that I will be avoiding.

Fleener/Allen- These guys are part of that offensive rebuild. Luck, Hilton, Wayne, Avery, Fleener, Allen, Ballard...this offense can do great things once they get more experience together. I know everyone will be like, Hey Fleener and Allen can be the next Gronk and Hernandez...but I am getting sick of that notion. Someone, please, point me to a team that has re-created the dual TE FF production of Gronk and Herny? My guess is that Fleener and Allen will make eachother more inconsistent. At the end of the season, both will likely flirt with high end TE2 status..or maybe one grabs low end TE1 status. Predicting which TE will dominate the gameplan each week will be a bit annoying.

Huge Rudolph fan. If Min gets a QB that can hit him consistently then you have a TOP 10 TE without a doubt. Huge catch radius and receiving skills. Great RZ target
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby patrickryan39 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm

patrickryan39
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Definitely gotta add Gordon, Givens!
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yualreadyknow » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:01 am

hers8lax wrote:There are a bunch of guys out there! Weigh in on them. I know you guys have an opinion!

Josh Gordon
Isaiah Pead
Chris Givens
Kendall Wright
Ryan Broyles
Vick Ballard
Kendall Hunter
Jonathan Dwyer
Kyle Rudolph
etc, etc....

For a dynasty?
If I was faced with the same choices, I would go Broyles (the clear #2 receiver on that team- he literally outruns his defenders and that is good news for Stafford who has a few OL issues to deal with. He did a more than admirable job before going out on IR. Young is not getting that job back!) and Wright (has 4 years on his contract and Britt is doing everything possible to become an afterthought).

Gordon, to me, is talented but when you got uncertainty at QB and in the org as a whole, it's hard to foresee great things there. If you can stash him with a really low contract (like 2 years), yeah, go for it. Rudolph is prone to disappearing acts and you can find better than Houdini when your FA period opens up. Some see upside with the Colts TEs but I am avoiding them for now. This shouldn't hurt you. Wait for more consistency and if they're still around and producing in that offense, sign them. Dwyer is a FA in 2013 and there haven't been any indications that he's coming back to PIT. I'm sure he will have a job regardless but money/contract should be a concern for you before snatching him up. Hunter? As long as Gore is there, he and Ballard (D. Brown is a FA in 2014) are backups or change of pace backs and you never know how much they will produce. Stashing them on the bench as insurance wouldn't hurt (Ballard more than Hunter). Hope that helps a little.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions