Week 14 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 14 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 14 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay

Postby WebHamster » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:30 am

;-7
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 205)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 14 GC: Detroit @ Green Bay

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Let's go Leos!
The Pack is ready to finally lose to the Lions in Green Bay after 20 some-odd years of domination. Fairley and Suh will have to make Rodgers life miserable in order for the upset to happen.
After seeing the Lions opening line-up I lose some faith. They sped a draft pick to get WR Thomas and now when they are desperate for WRs, they start a dude from their practice squad??
Lions currently driving for what history tells me will be a FG. Prediction Lions 20 Packers 23

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:43 pm

As always, I nailed it. Stafford runs one in on a 4th and inches. 7-0 Leos. ;-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Lions drive down the field for a short TD grab by Sheffler. 14-0 Good Guys. Packers pretty listless at this point. Better wake up cheeseheads, the playoffs may be riding on how they respond.

Joique Bell once again looks like a much more complete RB than Mikal Leshoure. If he had any speed....

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm

What a poor showing at the end by Stafford and the Lions. Series and game in the balance and not one pass to Megatron. Not the first time this has happened. More disturbing was watching Stafford sling the ball around to receivers who were not open. So if you are just going to toss a pass and let the receiver fight for it, wouldn't you want Calvin to be the guy?
Classic Schwartz, one team came out with answers after half time and the other team was the Lions. Pretty frustrating times for Lions fans as the realization that we are much more like this year's team than last years.
BTW, all the fluff that Collinsworth is saying about Suh is just pr. The guy doesn't talk to local media, only national coverage that won't ask tougher questions and are easier to manipulate to pump up the Suh brand.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby big.d57 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Agreed, I was rooting for the Lions since I like the Bears more than the Packers and sadly they couldn't play a good 2nd half.
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 pm

big.d57 wrote:Agreed, I was rooting for the Lions since I like the Bears more than the Packers and sadly they couldn't play a good 2nd half.

That's the real kicker. The Pack were very beatable tonight. NFC Central leaders suddenly looking shakey

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting