WR and TE help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR and TE help

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR and TE help

Postby kasimar1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm in a 12 team league (non-PPR) and I need to choose a WR2 and TE for this week. My choices are:

WR
Miles Austin (@ Cin)
Chris Givens (@ Buf)

TE
Jimmy Graham (@ NYG)
Kyle Rudolph (vs. Chi)

I'm kind of thinking I need to start Givens this week because Miles Austin has been so inconsistent lately and Cincinnati has a pretty good defense. I'm thinking I need to go with Rudolph for my TE because Percy Harvin is out for the year now and Rudolph is going to get all the red zone targets. I have no margin for error this week as I only got 8.30 points out of Demaryius Thomas on Thursday and 1 point of my kicker, Janikowski.
kasimar1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR and TE help

Postby garretterik » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 pm

No way that you sit Graham. YOu know that NO and NYG will be a shoot out. Graham is the best TE in the game with Gronk out. WIth Rudolph you MAY get a TD and 60 yards as your ceiling. Graham could explode for 2TDs and 100yds.

In terms of the Givens Austin debate that is tough. I have seen them about the same on most rankings. I think Austin is the better player, but you are right he has been inconsitent and is playing the better defense. One thing to consider with the StL Buf game though is the weather. THat weather in Buf gets REALLY nasty and can ruin a passing game. I would lean towards Austin, but everyone has been talking up Givens, so can understand that since he is the passing attack in StL.

Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531706
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench