need playoff help with one WR/TE decision, WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

need playoff help with one WR/TE decision, WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

need playoff help with one WR/TE decision, WHIR!

Postby dantheman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:43 pm

In my 14 team league we start 3 TE/WR's.

I started Decker (nice job) and Brandon Myers (not so good) on Thursday night, and now I am struggling in my mind with what to do with the third starter.

PICK ONE:

MIKE WALLACE (at home against San Diego, Big Ben is back, but Wallace was struggling even before Big Ben went out)

TONY GONZALES (at Carolina, has been awesome this year but they have other weapons, Carolina is decent against TE's....)

MARTELLUS BENNETT (home against New Orleans, Saints defense outright sucks, might be high-scoring, did great last week at Washington)

Thoughts? I find this one really tough because Wallace is high risk/high reward, and Gonzales is hit or miss, but Bennett seems like the best bet (despite the fact that the other two are studs......) Do I sit two studs and go with the most logical one based on matchups and other factors?

Thanks! Leave a link!
dantheman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: need playoff help with one WR/TE decision, WHIR!

Postby bandoogie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Wallace has underwhelmed all year. It comes down to Gonzo and Bennett. With Nicks hurting, I think Bennett has a real shot to do well. I;d really consider using Bennett over Gonzo. What does your gut say?

viewtopic.php?t=531637
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby dantheman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks, I was leaning Bennett but it's so hard to sit Gonzo. But it might be the right thing here....
dantheman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drtodddds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:05 pm

I'd start Gonzales. He's been consistent and solid all year. Wallace has not, and I wouldn't bank on Big Ben coming back fully healthy if he does at all this week. You could really play the matchup with Bennett, and that is intriguing, but the safe bet is Gonzales.
Help me please.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=531648&p=3508862#p3508862
drtodddds
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bandoogie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm

dantheman wrote:Thanks, I was leaning Bennett but it's so hard to sit Gonzo. But it might be the right thing here....

Well, I think Gonzo is the safe play and Bennett is the upside play. So, it may depend on where you think you are in comparison to your opponent this week. Can you feel confident in playing it safe or do you feel you need to hit for the fences?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Return to Who to Start/Bench