Who to go after in dynasty draft tomorrow? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to go after in dynasty draft tomorrow?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to go after in dynasty draft tomorrow?

Postby aufan03 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I am in a 16 team PPR league, and 2 teams will not be coming back. Tomorrow, we will do an auction draft to split those 2 teams up. All teams will get $50 to bid with, and if more than 1 person bids $50 on a player, the team with the lowest finish this year will be the tiebreaker. Here is my team:

1 point PPR
QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Daryl Richardson, Darren Sproles, Rashad Jennings, Ben Tate, Bernard Scott
WR: Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon, Michael Crabtree, Donnie Avery, Stephen Hill, Travis Benjamin
TE: Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen

I finished next to last, so i should be able to get at least 1 of my top 2 favorites. Here are some of the available players:

QB: Brandon Weeden, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers,
RB: Chris Johnson, Mikel Leshoure,
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Lance Moore, Miles Austin,
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Gresham, Aaron Hernandez

Who would you go after the hardest? Who is your backup plan if they are gone?
aufan03
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Who to go after in dynasty draft tomorrow?

Postby LJ's Crush » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 am

Gronk
CJ
Nicks
Lesoure
Greshm top 5 picks
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dynastyman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:52 am

aufan03 wrote:1 point PPR
QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Daryl Richardson, Darren Sproles, Rashad Jennings, Ben Tate, Bernard Scott
WR: Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon, Michael Crabtree, Donnie Avery, Stephen Hill, Travis Benjamin
TE: Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen

I finished next to last, so i should be able to get at least 1 of my top 2 favorites. Here are some of the available players:

QB: Brandon Weeden, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers,
RB: Chris Johnson, Mikel Leshoure,
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Lance Moore, Miles Austin,
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Gresham, Aaron Hernandez

Who would you go after the hardest? Who is your backup plan if they are gone?

First, your team is real solid for a 16 teamer. Nice work. The guy leaving also has a bunch of solid pieces so you are right to consider strategies.

You are on to something when you consider the impact of your ranking this year..I see 14 teams who are going to be trying to add some real talent...that tells me that Peyton, CJ3, Leshoure, Nicks, Austin, Gronk, Hernandez, and Gresham are ALL going to go for $50 dollars. And after that, 6 teams will still have their $50 to spend..but nothing really great to get for it.

With Luck, you $50 dollars is better spent elsewhere than on Peyton Manning. Even if Peyton Manning does have several elite seasons left, which I happen to think he does.

I like your RBs too. Daryl Richardson is first in line to take over for rejuvenated, but still aging, SJAX in 2013. Ben Tate will be a better asset in 2013 than 2012, almost assuredly, but still is a guy to hang onto for 2014 when he can go to a team without Arian Foster. Sproles is dynomite in a PPR and Charles is a solid number 1 in a 14 teamer. Charles, Sproles, Drich...I don't consider CJ3 or Leshoure your top targets either. Your rbs are quite strong

Julio Jones and Blackmon for a formidable combo of youth and talent. Crabtree has scored really well this season too. But Hakeem Nicks, when healthy (yeah, not a strong supposition) would be your best WR. I think you need to strongly consider Nicks

Your TEs have really nice potential. Owen Daniels has been a solid FF TE for quite a while, and is scoring real well this season. To top it off you have some real nice talent budding on your bench with Fleener and Allen. Unfortunately, my opinion is that Fleener and Allen will consistently struggle to achieve FF success bc of eachother. Gronkowski was the number 1 OR 2 dynasty TE going into 2012 and only cemented himself as the clear number 1 during this season. I think Gronk is a target.

Since you finished next to last you don't even need to inferior talents.

You have your choice of Nicks or Gronk. . . and both would make the best bang for your buck. Gronkowski is the best player on the other guys' team. If you simply want to add the best player possible, then Gronkowski is your guy! But given your talent at TE I could see Nicks being a solid choice as well.....I suppose I would not be very helpful if I did not make an official ranking. So my thinking is this:
1. I suggest Nicks if you start 3 WRs.
2. I suggest Gronk if you start 2 WRs
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby aufan03 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

great reply, definitely some good advice there. our league starts qb/3rb/3wr/te/flex. so should i go nicks/gronk/cj? i gave alot of thought to cj initially since my rbs need the most work and are the most injury prone, but i dont think i can pass on nicks or gronk in a ppr league either.
aufan03
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dynastyman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 pm

aufan03 wrote:great reply, definitely some good advice there. our league starts qb/3rb/3wr/te/flex. so should i go nicks/gronk/cj? i gave alot of thought to cj initially since my rbs need the most work and are the most injury prone, but i dont think i can pass on nicks or gronk in a ppr league either.

Those are harsh starting requirements for a 16, now 14 team league. given that news I can see why you would consider Chris Johnson. maybe you should pick him up playing in your third running back spot and then you could maybe use Darrell Richardson as your flex if he does get the starting spot

cannot go wrong with any of the three. I do feel Gronk is the best player available, but giving your Roster situation and starting requirements, I think your best served first picking Chris Johnson then Hakeem Nicks and then Rob Gronkowski

Luck
CJ3
Sproles
Charles
JJones
Blackmon
Crabtree
Daniels
Flex- Richardson, Avery, or if one of the Indy TE separates themselves

Strict best player ranking with no concern to your roster or starting requirements:
Gronk
Nicks
CJ3
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby aufan03 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm

would i be crazy to go after gronk and start him in the flex? based on everything, if you were in my spot, who would be your pick and who would be your #2?
aufan03
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby srlarson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

I think i come to the same conclusions just for different reasons.

RB's have the shortest shelf life, and thus if you are spending the $'s get the best talent for the greatest numbers of years.....also each year i think you just reach on Rb's in the draft and hit the next Morris, Wilson, etc.....

I would rank them:

Gronk (in all formats)
Nicks

Get one of those two and roll..Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby duffoholic » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I would go hard for Gronk. He answers the TE question for you for the next 3-5 years for sure freeing up roster spots for other prospects. Nicks is next in line to shore up your WR's. Since you finished so low with a solid up and coming roster, it looks like you need help now not later. If, for some reason both of those fail, CJ does offer some up solid trade bait. I kinda feel like you'd be better off with hernandez and another lesser known prospect but you'd know better if that is possible or if 8-10 players go for 50$.

Gronk,
Nicks,
CJ
Hernandez + somebody else.

good luck!
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions