Never again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Never again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Never again

Postby grantkyle2003 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 am

Never again am i taking a qb in the 1st round, brees let me down back to back weeks, you know something is wrong when rivers has a better day then rodgers and brees
grantkyle2003
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Never again

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 am

grantkyle2003 wrote:Never again am i taking a qb in the 1st round, brees let me down back to back weeks, you know something is wrong when rivers has a better day then rodgers and brees

Depends on the settings. A straight up passing yds and 4 point TD league I wouldnt take one in the 1st. Passing yds and 6 point Td's im thinking maybe. If there are points for each completion (.33 per completion) passing yards and 6 point td's (or 4 point td's) I would take one in the first. Its still a crap shoot. You are always hoping they produce like last year. Some do some dont. Then you got the RGIII's or Cam Newton of last year that someone gets as a steal. For the most part if you wait for a QB you have a lesser chance of dominating that position.

You will never be great at every position so you got to choose where you want your strengths to be and draft that way. Sometimes it works sometimes if doesnt.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Never again

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
grantkyle2003 wrote:Never again am i taking a qb in the 1st round, brees let me down back to back weeks, you know something is wrong when rivers has a better day then rodgers and brees

Depends on the settings. A straight up passing yds and 4 point TD league I wouldnt take one in the 1st. Passing yds and 6 point Td's im thinking maybe. If there are points for each completion (.33 per completion) passing yards and 6 point td's (or 4 point td's) I would take one in the first. Its still a crap shoot. You are always hoping they produce like last year. Some do some dont. Then you got the RGIII's or Cam Newton of last year that someone gets as a steal. For the most part if you wait for a QB you have a lesser chance of dominating that position.

You will never be great at every position so you got to choose where you want your strengths to be and draft that way. Sometimes it works sometimes if doesnt.

No, it doesn't matter. I took Rodgers at #4 in my extremely QB friendly format league and he is killing me. I benched him for Carson Palmer this week and it is the only reason I won.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Return to Football Talk