Getting the jump on next week, Wk2 of Playoffs. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Getting the jump on next week, Wk2 of Playoffs. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Getting the jump on next week, Wk2 of Playoffs. WHIR

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm

So here we are. Monday. One more game of this week, and then it's time to retool for the second week of the round 1 playoffs in my league. The problem? I'm hurting.

Roster:
QB's - RGIII - Have a waiver claim in on Freeman as a backup plan.
RB's - Charles, Ridley, BJGE Moreno
WR's - Cruz, Thomas, Shorts, HIlton, Garcon, S.MOss (the drop for freeman at this point)
TE's - Gronk (ugh. this is killing me), Pettigrew, Meyers
D/St - Jets
K - Bryant.

I'm in an ESPN Standard League. I'm currently trailing 100-87. His players are done for the week. I have Ridley going tonight. I'm hoping, that after week 1, I'm somewhere above 95. I'd love to be winning, but I'm trying to be realistic about the beating I've been handed this week.

QB
So. Going into Next Week, obviously if RGIII can't go, I'll be fielding Freeman, who is going back up against NO, who couldn't stop him the first time, and can't really stop anyone.

So we obviously have the QB thing handled

QB - RGIII (Freeman if no)

RB's
Then, I have my RB situation. I had a gut feeling about Moreno last week. Turned out I was right. Problem? I went with the numbers and not the gut. Moreno rode the bench in favor of BJGE.

This time, Charles gets the horrible Oakland D. He's starting for sure. Ridley has SF's D, in NE. So, That's a start. (I like facing West Coast D's on the East Coast)

RB - Charles
RB - Ridley

WR
Cruz is going up against the Falcons
Thomas is going up against the Ravens
Shorts is playing Miami if Healthy
HIlton has Houston
Garcon has Cleveland

It seems like the obvious pairing, barring D. Thomas' probable becoming something more is to go

RB - Charles
RB - Ridley
WR - Cruz
WR - Thomas

TE
OI. So Gronk is Still hurt, and there is no news from NE on what is up with him (timetable). I'm holding on in case, maybe, hopefully, if I win this round, he might be able to help in the final week(s).
Myers was a No Show. He's playing KC.
Pettigrew has a Q behind his name, but says he felt fine, and ready to go. He's playing Arizona.

So, if Pettigrew is still hurt, this is REALLY easy. Meyers is my only healthy TE, and there aren't many viable options (ok, I checked, none) on the Waiver Wire.

But what if Pettigrew is healthy? KC? Arizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Sorrry I fell asleep. Which bad team is the "worse" bad team? I'm leaning towards Meyers who has shown "flashes", but... the Goose Egg I had to eat this week hurts, and the 58 point beat down Arizona seemed to suffer this week, and the 18 points they gave up to Seattle TE's looks like a healthy dose of "awesome".

Should I go with Meyers regardless? Pettigrew has only hit Double Digits once all year, Myers has hit it three times.

So that's officially Question One.

RB - Charles
RB - Ridley
WR - Cruz
WR - Thomas
TE - Meyers OR Pettigrew?

Flex
Oh the position that has driven me up the wall all season. After all of this, I have

Shorts Hilton Garcon BJGE Moreno Meyers/Pettigrew Left for the final Spot. I can obviously say that whatever TE I'm not starting isn't in consideration, so that leaves

Shorts Hilton Garcon BJGE and Moreno. This is officially Question 2. (BJGE has Phi, Moreno has BAl)

Shorts will need to clear COncussion Tests. I'm hesitant to play him even if he does, So far this season, players coming back from Concussion Time seem to be moving slow that first game back.

Hilton is just so streaky. Since Week 2, He's not dropped a goose egg, But if you strip out the hype, he's only averaging 7.5 points per week. Should I gamble on the Streaky nature?

Garcon. Well. I have to say, I'm feeling pretty good about Garcon no matter who is back there throwing passes. 3 straight 80yd 1td games, 4 total this year, and he seems to be a good security blanket for both rookie QBs. Of the three WR's, He is my most "comfortable" choice.

BJGE. 6 games this season, he's gone into double digits. He's not a "Home Run" type of player, but he's been relatively decent production all season. Since the Eagles Bye Week, they have averaged giving up 19 Fantasy Points on the ground per game. BJGE doesn't really share the backfield much (Bengals second leading rushing only has 244 yds) He's averaging 9.5 points a game. He is a pretty interesting choice.

Moreno. The "My gut is still twisting over not starting him" player. 3 games of info. 2 games under 10, and one big game against the Raiders. The Ravens are NOT the Raiders, But they are hardly the Bucs D either.

I guess if I were ranking the options, I would say

BJGE -> Garcon -> Shorts (if healthy) -> Hilton -> Moreno------------------> Pettigrew/Meyers

is how I'm feeling. But, this year has proven to be costly for me. I've made some pretty boneheaded plays, and drops.

RB - Charles
RB - Ridley
WR - Cruz
WR - Thomas
TE - Meyers OR Pettigrew?
Flex - Shorts? Hilton? Garcon? BJGE? or Moreno?
D/ST - Jets
K - Bryant.

OMG YOU WRITE TOO MUCH JUST GIVE ME THE QUESTIONS
1.) Myers? or Pettigrew?
2.) Flex.... Shorts? HIlton Garcon? BJGE? or MOreno?
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Getting the jump on next week, Wk2 of Playoffs. WHIR

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 am

As an update:

Ended Wk1 of Rd1 tied at 100 all.

I've decided that I'm not going to chance it with Pettigrew. Dallas Clark is available, and looks to be a better option than Pettigrew. Now the question becomes:

Meyers, or Clark? I think this one is pretty easy. Unless something bad happens, or they magically say Gronk is playing, Meyers will get the start.

That leaves me with just the same question that plagues me every week. Who the frek is a good choice for Flex?

Shorts - I'm doubtful he's going to play, but will have to watch the news to be sure.
Hilton - going up against Houston, which has me wondering which houston team will show up?
Garcon - Still looking like the best of the three as an option to start for flex.
BJGE - He's been "solid". Nothing flashy, nothing "amazing" but he's #13 for RB's in points for a reason. He's not a huge numbers guy, but he's always putting up numbers. And I like that. He also is going up against a Defense that gives up points to RB's at a good clip.
Moreno - going up against Baltimore, who just let Morris run right over and through them... The fear here isn't if the Baltimore D will wake up. it's Will the Broncos keep giving him the ball?

I'm thinking the ranking breaks down like this:

1.) BJGE
2.) Garcon
3.) Moreno
4.) Hilton
5.) Shorts

And if Shorts is healthy, and playing, and 100%, he will creep up the list, probably to 2? Does that sound good?
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Getting the jump on next week, Wk2 of Playoffs. WHIR

Postby FirstCoast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 am

I'm waiting to see what happens with Shorts myself, but I feel the Jags will air on the side of caution with him. I agree with your order now. BJGE and Garcon are the best two choice right now. I have BJGE in right now myself.

viewtopic.php?t=531893
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Return to Who to Start/Bench