Backup QB for First Round of Playoffs? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Backup QB for First Round of Playoffs? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Backup QB for First Round of Playoffs? WHIR

Postby wtr23 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Playoffs start next week, and I may need to pick up a backup QB to stay alive. Rodgers has been good most of the season, but after seeing a game last night that relied heavily on the run game with the nasty weather, I'm worried that Sunday's game against Chicago could play out in a similar fashion, and with playoffs on the line I don't feel comfortable rolling the dice here. I need to pick up a solid option that can help me keep my playoff hopes alive.

Scoring breakdown: 1 pt/25 pass yds (bonuses at 150 and 200 yards), 1pt/10 rush yards (bonuses 50 & 100 yds), 7 pts for TDs, -1 INT, -2 Fumble lost

WW Options:
Carson Palmer- O-line isn't holding up, making it hard for him to get anything going. Good matchup vs the chiefs
Kaep- He's been pretty good lately, running QB is a bonus. favorable matchup at NE, will weather be a concern here as well?
Foles- Big game last week but matchup was very favorable, how does he do this week?
Wilson- high scoring game last week but he didn't contribute much to it; running QB bonus
Cutler- not too bad before he was pulled from the game, in the same boat as Rodgers with ugly weather conditions

Who do I pick up this week in case nasty weather forces me to use a backup?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Backup QB for First Round of Playoffs? WHIR

Postby dynastyman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I would start Rodgers over all of those QBs. Rodgers is a Bear - killer..he is something like 6-2 against them in his career.

But if you're gut is saying no, then I would rank Palmer and Kaep better than the rest of those QBs.

Palmer will be throwing a lot as usual and KC isnt a good bet to stop him, Myers, Moore, Heyward-Bey and Reece.

Kaep is a good bet because any given week he can get 1 or 2 rushing tds and some rushing points which add up more quickly than two shakes of a rabbits tail.

Today I am leaning toward Kaepernick...tomorrow might be Palmer. :/
dynastyman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby patriotsbeatz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 am

Rodgers is clearly a must start.

But for back-ups: Kaep & Wilson

Though if the Patriots defense plays 49ers like they did Texans last night then Kaep won't be getting many yards thru the air.

Help? I have QB question, too: viewtopic.php?t=531884
patriotsbeatz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 am

Just go with your stud QB, sure there is a chance that game may not end up the way you want it to but honestly the chance is better for things to go right with your stud QB than they are for the rest of them. But if you are going with your gut on something then Palmer or Kaep for sure.

posting.php?mode=post&f=44
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions