Romo or Dalton in Week 15 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Romo or Dalton in Week 15

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo or Dalton in Week 15

Postby Colts18to88 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 am

Should I start Romo or Dalton in my playoff matchup this coming week? Dalton is at Philly while Romo is at home against Pitt. This is an extremely tough decision for me, and I have to unfortunately make it by Thursday because that's when Cincy plays. I had been leaning towards Romo until the Dez Bryant news yesterday. Him missing the rest of the season obviously changes my outlook on Romo.

Dallas and Cincy played each other this past week, and neither of these QBs put up spectacular stats. Romo had been pretty hot as of late, but Dalton has had the better overall season. Of course, one of the major reasons for Romo being hot was Dez. However, he should still be slinging it a lot against Pitt on Sunday. And Pitt was lit up by SD this past week. Of course, yahoo says that Philly has allowed the second most points to QBs this year.

Any input would be appreciated. This is a tough one for me. Thanks.
Colts18to88
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Romo or Dalton in Week 15

Postby thriceday » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 am

I generally hate QBs on short weeks in a Thursday night game but Dalton's got the better matchup for sure. Having said that, it's going to be cold in Philly this Thursday. I'd personally roll the dice with Romo at home vs. PIT. I think you can expect a 300 yard, 2TD, 2-3INT game from Romo, which is still respectable in most leagues.
thriceday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Colts18to88 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 pm

thriceday wrote:I generally hate QBs on short weeks in a Thursday night game but Dalton's got the better matchup for sure. Having said that, it's going to be cold in Philly this Thursday. I'd personally roll the dice with Romo at home vs. PIT. I think you can expect a 300 yard, 2TD, 2-3INT game from Romo, which is still respectable in most leagues.

Thanks for the reply.

Romo has been hot lately, and the logic you're using is why I was leaning towards Romo in the first place. The Dez injury though definitely stings quite a bit as he was a big reason why Romo has put up some big stats lately.

Pitt is the tougher matchup, but they aren't what they used to be. Rivers shredded them at Heinz on Sunday. Right now I'm leaning towards Romo, but I wanted to solicit as many opinions as possible because it's do or die.

It's tough. Dalton has been so damn solid all year and he could easily go up to Philly and hang a couple TDs. I hate decisions like this.
Colts18to88
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jay0582 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Pitt has the number one passing D in the nfl and the number one overall D in the NFL ... Sit romo ... Have you taken a look at the numbers of QB's playing the eagles
Over the last 6 weeks or so , this is not even close
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jay0582 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Shredded ? Not quite , 200 TDs and 3 TDs is definitely nice that's like 20 fantasy points but not shredded... And that's not the norm this year as I said Pitt has the number on passing D this year and romo will be good for a couple of picks
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Colts18to88 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Well, Rivers had 26 points in my league. That's a pretty solid game. Maybe shredded is extreme, but all I met was that he played really well.

I didn't realize Pitt had the number 1 passing D. Shoulda done a bit more homework. Thanks for the info. That, along with the fact that opposing QBs have shredded Philly makes Dalton tempting. Then you factor in the Dez injury...
Colts18to88
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thriceday » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:30 pm

PIT definitely has a very good defense but my opinion was based solely on my gut - I hate quarterbacks traveling on short weeks. I've seen quite a few duds this year when that's the case. Philly coming off a big win vs. TB, playing as a home underdog on primetime TV. A part thinks they will show up, which is what my opinion was based off of. I hope I'm wrong though since I have AJ Green going...

The matchup says to play Dalton, though. And it turns out Dez has a chance to play, albeit a small chance.
thriceday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Colts18to88 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 pm

The stuff you say makes sense too thrice. The bottom line is that I could talk myself into starting either. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet, and likely won't until right before game time on Thursday.
Colts18to88
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jayrob33 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

jay0582 wrote:Shredded ? Not quite , 200 TDs and 3 TDs is definitely nice that's like 20 fantasy points but not shredded... And that's not the norm this year as I said Pitt has the number on passing D this year and romo will be good for a couple of picks

in case you have missed every steeler game this year... this d, does not force turnovers..... wouldnt surprise me at all if romo goes for 300+ with 2-3 tds, and 0 ints
jayrob33
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skita » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 am

Easy, DALTON. Dez is banged up, and even if he plays he won't be 100%. Add in the fact that PIT has the #1 pass DEF right now, and i'd stay away from ROMO. Dalton however goes aginst a very soft pass DEF (supriseingly) in PHI, with AJ going to be able to run loops around Asem...(whatever that long name is). Dalton all the way for me.

Help with mine viewtopic.php?t=531978
skita
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench