Semi-final starters, need some thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Semi-final starters, need some thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Semi-final starters, need some thoughts

Postby FirstCoast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am

It never hurts to plan early, and this game is the most important yet (winner goes to the championship!)

Stafford @ Arizona
Luck @ Houston

Seems like Stafford is a safer choice here but I can never pick the right one so I'll ask on this anyways. Arizona hasn't been good lately even though their pass D has been decent.

Green-Ellis @ Philly
Ridley vs San Fran
Steven Jackson vs Minnesota
Decker @ Baltimore

Need two of the above for flex. I have Green-Ellis and Ridley in now. All of them seem like they could be fair plays but I need to be sure I get all the points I can. As always, I appreciate the help and have to thank you guys for helping me get this far.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Semi-final starters, need some thoughts

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 am

FirstCoast wrote:It never hurts to plan early, and this game is the most important yet (winner goes to the championship!)

Stafford @ Arizona
Luck @ Houston

Seems like Stafford is a safer choice here but I can never pick the right one so I'll ask on this anyways. Arizona hasn't been good lately even though their pass D has been decent.

Green-Ellis @ Philly
Ridley vs San Fran
Steven Jackson vs Minnesota
Decker @ Baltimore

Need two of the above for flex. I have Green-Ellis and Ridley in now. All of them seem like they could be fair plays but I need to be sure I get all the points I can. As always, I appreciate the help and have to thank you guys for helping me get this far.

I think Stafford VS Arizona is a no brainer personally.

And I would probably go with BJGE and Ridley. It's just hard to go against NE in NE. If they were playing in SF< I might think differently.
Shoju
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for mine. Personally, I'm picking Luck against Houston. Stafford has no one to throw to outside of Megatron, and while I don't think he plays badly, I don't see him doing much more than 280/1. Indy is going to have to throw, period, because they sure aren't running on the Houston defense. That's going to be one angry bunch of people. Angry or not, however, they're vulnerable in the air - they've been shredded the last four weeks by QB's. Unless you think the Indy o-line can't give him time to throw, II think the kid will do nicely against that secondary.

Agree that LawFirm and Ridley are the RB's to go with. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby FirstCoast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Alright, so here's my whole proposed lineup right now, starters in bold. Tentative but mostly set;

10 team ESPN standard scoring league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DS/T, 1 K. 7 bench, any positions.

QB - Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck
RB - Marshawn Lynch, Stevan Ridley, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Steven Jackson, Mikel Leshoure
WR - Victor Cruz, Andre Johnson, Eric Decker, Justin Blackmon, Cecil Shorts III
TE - Vernon Davis, Brandon Myers
DS/T - Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos
K - Justin Tucker

Any recommended changes are welcome. I'm still juggling QB, and juggling Jackson/Ridley. Would it be a good idea to grab Joique Bell for this week or roll with Leshoure? I've used Leshoure pretty effectively minus Sunday night (4 points, bleh).
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Return to Who to Start/Bench