Who to start: Matt Ryan vs Giants or Josh Freeman vs Saints? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who to start: Matt Ryan vs Giants or Josh Freeman vs Saints?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to start: Matt Ryan vs Giants or Josh Freeman vs Saints?

Postby seyz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Playoffs week 1 and I am in quite a predicament. Standard non-PPR league, Pass TD 6 pts, 25 ydss = 1 pt. Matty Ice against a tough Giants team? Or John Freeman vs the 32nd ranked Saints? I am completely at a stumped. Ryan had a monstrous start, but has been really slow the last 4-5 weeks, this week he finally got me back over 20 pts. I am honestly leaning a bit towards Freeman, but when Ryan played the Saints he put up nothing for me so I am a bit hesitant. What should I do?

Rest of team: RB Lynch RB Jacquizz Rodgers WR Megatron WR Stevie Johnson WR/RB Cecil Shorts (if plays), Donnie Avery, or potential waver TE Hernandez DST Bears K Tynes
seyz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to start: Matt Ryan vs Giants or Josh Freeman vs Sai

Postby JDNaumiec » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Freeman had a monster game against NO last time they played. Normally you'd go with the surer bet if you had someone like Rodgers, Brady, etc, but I think Freeman and Ryan are on the same level this year. I like TB's run game way better than ATL's so NO will have to respect that and you know NO is gonna be throwing all over TB's terrible pass defense, which means the same for Freeman.
JDNaumiec
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 28)

Postby tippr34 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm

The last game between the bucs and saints was a shootout where both quarterbacks had huge days. The giants have a good pass rush and Ryan has been a bit off recently. He may be becoming complacent with the best record in the NFC. Its a tough call but the bucs are still in the hunt so Freeman will be playing hard. They do have doug martin though, who may take a few goal line touchdowns away from freeman against the terrible run D of the saints. Its tough. But i'd go Freeman. He consistently gets at least 20 in leagues where passing td's are worth 6.
tippr34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby seyz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:53 am

I agree. Last time Ryan played the Saints he didn't produce squat which is why I am so reluctant, but I don;t think Freeman will repeat. Ryan has been fairly inconsistent in the last few weeks and playing the Giants probably isn't the best match up for him now. Seven weeks ago it'd have been a no brainer. But now I think I am going to go with Freeman.
seyz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Who to Start/Bench