Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help!

Postby Football Virgin » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:27 pm

Help! I joined a fantasy football league and don't know a thing about football. My husband is a diehard Seahawks fan (no jokes, please) and since I have to go to the games, I thought that this might help me learn more about the game. Anyways, I found this site the night before my draft and this is who I got:

QB - Rich Gannon
QB - Aaron Brooks
RB - Ahman Green
RB - Ladainian Tomlinson
RB - Duce Staley
WR - David Boston
WR - Darrell Jackson (had to get 1 seahawk for my husband)
WR - Rod Gardner
TE - Byron Chamberlain
TE - Eric Johnson
K - John Carney
K - Matt Stover (not my pick - don't ask)
Defense - Cleveland Browns
Defense - Miami

My starting line-up is:

Gannon, Green, Tomlinson, Staley, Boston, Jackson, Gardner, Chamberlain, Carrney and Cleveland Defense

Can someone let me know if I even have a chance or some advice please.

Thanks
Football Virgin

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:32 pm

Depending on how many teams in the league, this team is pretty good. I would start Aaron Brooks ahead of Rich Gannon, and if you only have to start one QB and 3 RB's maybe consider trading Gannon and Staley for a good RB like Duce Mcalister or someone like that.

Friendliness: %

Postby Petey » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:31 pm

It looks as though you have a really solid team depending on how many teams are in your league. I would start Brooks over Gannon and Miami D (because they're at home vs. pitiful Detroit) over Cleveland. I don't know if you have anymore backups, but at least drop Stover for another WR for now. Look for maybe Dez White- CHI or Tim Dwight-SD or Quincy Morgan-CLE. These guys still might be available and would be good for your depth ar WR. Just remember to watch for bye weeks. Good luck.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby the nuts » Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:55 pm

I also have Gannon, Boston, Gardner, and Chamberlain. I dont have Brooks but Brad Johnson :,-( I do, however, have Faulk :-) .

I dont think you need 2 TEs or 2 Ks. Look for depth at RB and WR. Make sure you dont have more than 1 player at each position with the same bye week. You can always pick up a stray K or TE when yours enters his bye week.
the nuts
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:00 am

first off you did a good job especially for your first time that said heres a few tips:

start brooks over gannon: he is younger and has a pass first offense

drop the extra kicker and TE because when a bye week comes for your players you will need an extra RB and WR to fill the whole since you are starting 3 at each position :::: however if you have pick ups available use them each league is different on this point

cleveland is a better def but the week 1 matchup better suits the miami def " you must look at week to week matchups to decide who to play in situations that you have multiple possibilities

i like you starters though i think you did a great job with them ;-D

now go find yourself a legitimate backup because week 8 both green and tomlinson have a bye week so you will only have one RB left!!!!!!!!!!!! not good for you
those are just a few tips for you hope they help
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk