Pick 3 Wrs please...confused! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 3 Wrs please...confused!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 3 Wrs please...confused!

Postby patrickryan39 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I have a bunch of good WRs and I am torn as to who to start this week. it s a big week. I am down 6 heading into this game. I have Mike Wallace, Miles Austin, Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Maclin and Steve Smith. All of em but Austin had a good game last week. Right now I have Wallace, smith and cobb starting. My problem is Garcon has been on fire but RG3 might not play and with Dez Bryant maybe being out, Miles Austin might be a good start. Any help!?

Mike Wallace at Dal
Miles Austin at Pit
Randall Cobb at Chi
Garcon at Browns
Maclin at Cincy
Smith at SD
patrickryan39
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 3 Wrs please...confused!

Postby battlearmor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:00 pm

patrickryan39 wrote:I have a bunch of good WRs and I am torn as to who to start this week. it s a big week. I am down 6 heading into this game. I have Mike Wallace, Miles Austin, Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Maclin and Steve Smith. All of em but Austin had a good game last week. Right now I have Wallace, smith and cobb starting. My problem is Garcon has been on fire but RG3 might not play and with Dez Bryant maybe being out, Miles Austin might be a good start. Any help!?

Mike Wallace at Dal
Miles Austin at Pit
Randall Cobb at Chi
Garcon at Browns
Maclin at Cincy
Smith at SD

If RG3 plays I would def start Garcon instead of wallace or Cobb. If not, then I would start Wallace, Smith, and Cobb too, either way I would start Smith, the way that Cam is playing
battlearmor
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 8)

Postby paulywog2278 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 pm

i would go with austin and garcon and smith
10 team, standard scoring, non ppr.

qb-brady
rb-morris
rb-moreno
wr-welker
wr-v.jackson
te-gonzalez
flex-sproles
k-akers
d/st-49rs

be-wilson, mjd, wells, shorts, hilton, amendola
paulywog2278
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby broseph jacobs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:51 pm

If you are looking for double-digit production, consider Steve Smith and Mike Wallace.

Many a fantasy owner benched Wallace last Sunday based on the "experts" advice. Those owners got burned. (Hope you weren't one of them.) Don't let it happen again: Mike Wallace is one of the elite, underrated receivers in the game. Definitely top 10, maybe even top 6 or 5, imho. If Roethlisberger plays - which I think he will - start Wallace with confidence against a Dallas secondary that is only a shadow of what it once was just a few weeks ago.

Cam Newton has arrived... we think. The Chargers have allowed the 8th most fantasy points to WR's this season. Smith has had the double-digit production managers have been waiting for in both of his last two games. There is no logical reason to feel it will dip below double digits this weekend.

Randall Cobb goes as Aaron Rodgers goes. And as of late, Rodgers hasn't been a fantasy star by any stretch. I'm a Rodgers owner, and lately I'm happy if he breaks 15 points. You've seen what happens to Green Bay when they face a good pass rush; remember the Giants game? Rodgers did next to nothing, and the WR's also suffered. There's no doubt A-Rod loves going to Cobb, but if Peppers and the rest are getting through the Green Bay O-line, none of that will matter. Sure, Urlacher's injured; but that has nothing (almost) to do with the pass rush Chicago is sure to bring Sunday.

Miles Austin could have a big game... but the good money says he doesn't. Pittsburgh remains the uncontested #1 passing defense in the league. And if Dez is out, it will allow the Steelers secondary to focus more on Austin. As you know, Austin's production this year has been more miss than hit. It won't get better against the Pittsburgh defense.

I couldn't make a big case against starting Pierre this weekend. As you said, he's on fire as of late, and the Browns defense isn't much to glom over, Haden included. But, if Haden DOES have a good day, and RGIII DOESNT start, it could be a cool-down week for Garcon.

Similar things could be said for Maclin. Foles has been looking stronger, Cincinnati is ranked 19th against receivers, and he had a break-out game last week. Nobody could fault you for starting him this week.

You have a nice selection here. If I'm you, I go Steve Smith and Mike Wallace, with Garcon at flex is Griffin starts, Mcalin if Griffen doesn't start.

Good luck! And thanks for the help with mine.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby jfella22 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Austin- Especially with No Dez
Cobb- Seems to be rodgers favorite target, and even though the tough matchup, he's a safe play
Wallace with No RG3/ Garcon w/ RG3

I'm an eagles fan and think there gonna get killed this week, plus with bryce brown getting goal line carries, maclin could be a huge bust

through me some help back

viewtopic.php?t=532046
jfella22
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kofi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:59 pm

I'd go Wallace, Austin, and Garcon. I think Garcon will get catches even if Cousins gets the start.
Kofi
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby howabunga » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Wallace, Garcon, Smith

Not a fan of Austin, I feel like Bryant and Witten get the most touches
howabunga
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby wtr23 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Wallace Garcon and Smith (if RGIII is out go with Maclin). I agree that Austin will most likely not have a breakout performance against a tough PIT defense, the injury to Bryant just means one less target to cover.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby patriotsbeatz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm

paulywog2278 wrote:i would go with austin and garcon and smith

I agree with this. Dez is hurt, RGiii will play, and SD sucks & Newton is great!

Help? viewtopic.php?t=532066
patriotsbeatz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench