WR Help Week 15 - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR Help Week 15 - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR Help Week 15 - WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

PPR scoring, start 3 WR's. Dez's injury is obviously causing great concern, and I've already lost Harvin. So help me out - pick three to start, and please explain why. I've been back and forth so many times on this already, and surely will be again many more times before Sunday. NOTE that Dez is the only one of these guys with a late Sunday game - so there is no "wait and see".

Reggie Wayne @ HOU - I feel Indy has no choice but to throw. Does Jonathan Joseph shadow Wayne? Do the Colts move him around to free him up?

Randall Cobb @ CHI - We all know that Rodgers does not put up good numbers against the Bears. Does that trickle down to the receivers too, or is Cobb enough of a playmaker to be immune to that?

Mike Williams @ NO - Yeah, VJax is the big dog in the receiving group. But can this game be anything but an aerial circus, with the two worst pass defenses in the league? I know Williams did not have much of a game against the Saints earlier this year, but the TB offense has made huge strides since then - and Williams has been finding the end zone.

Dez v PIT - bad hand, worse matchup, but ohmygod the numbers he's been putting up. Halfway through the season I was ready to trade the guy for a used tackling dummy, and couldn't find a taker. Now? He's the centerpiece of my team.

If Dez were healthy, I'd be seriously thinking about benching Cobb, playing the TB/NO matchup with Williams, and betting on Dez to beat a Pittsburgh secondary that's minus Ike Taylor. Now I'm looking for a good reason to trust him, given I have a solid option in Williams because of the matchup. Someone help me out? WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR Help Week 15 - WHIR

Postby BearsFan65 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Bump - we're at critical mass, folks. Bryce Brown put up a whopping five points last night. Help a brother out?
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby jws413 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Sit Cobb-- no doubt in my mind. Dez will be fine. I know that a finger injury is a definite concern with a wide reciever, but Dallas seemes pretty confident about the efectiveness of the splint. Dez will play and with how good he's been playing the past few games i really dont think you can afford to sit him. Reggie Wayne has been one of the most cosistent WR in the entire league, and you really cant afford to sit him either-- fantasy playoffs are all about playing your most consistent player. Ride the horse that got you there. The only player who is a tough decision for me is Mike Williams. In my league Cobb averages 4 more points a game than Williams, but Williams matchup this week is simply as good as it gets. Moreover I think the Saints weak pass defense will zone in on V-jax and leave Williams with some big play opportunity. You gotta sit Cobb.

Could you help with mine?: viewtopic.php?t=532291
jws413
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bassackwards » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:10 am

Houston is getting torched by good passing teams and Luck will be slinging it so he is a lock in my mind. It's a bit of a toss up with Cobb and Williams and after going back and forth in my mind and even though I'm a GB fan I think you roll with Williams over Cobb but....monitor Dez and if things are looking up for him you have to play the stud WR along with Wayne against the banged up PIT secondary in a must win situation.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532294
bassackwards
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 89)

Return to Who to Start/Bench