More of an editorial - Read and post your opinion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

More of an editorial - Read and post your opinion

Moderator: Football Moderators

More of an editorial - Read and post your opinion

Postby techman5003 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Coming down the stretch, FF players are grasping for that one nugget that will propel them to the Championship. I see many of the FF sites pushing Kaepernick. I just don't believe it. NE and Big Bill will find a way to neutralize him like they are always do for the biggest threat on a team. For the past few weeks Kaepernick has been that. I had my chance to pick him up but I passed on it fearing that NE then Seattle would be my death in the playoffs.

What do you think?

Leave a link for help with your question.
techman5003
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 167)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: More of an editorial - Read and post your opinion

Postby Satchey1988 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

I completely agree, you have to consider playoff match ups and both NE and Seattle have more than enough potential to stop Kaepernick. NE does this to qb's all the time and seattle is a division rival, good rivalry's rarely are a shootout.
Satchey1988
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dawson94 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 pm

yeah, i dont think you can bank on him. especially against seattle, he could really get rattled.
dawson94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 33)

Postby robotninja » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

These are a lot of the same guys that said Bryce Brown would bounce back last night despite the fact that Cin is a tough matchup. Howq many people are panicking and trying to dig out of a hole now?

I always like to think the first 2-3 weeks and the last 2-3 weeks are not times to get cute, play your studs and the guys that got you here.

That being said, I will be playing David Wilson this week, with an injured Ahmad Bradshaw on my bench. Bradshaw is one of the guys that got me here. Who said the handcuff is dead in Fantasy Football?
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby Skimo77 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

I would completely agree as well, NE always throws a different look at a QB, and I just don't see him being QB1 level, though I do have him as my backup... Vs. Seattle the same thing, but I think even worse. He has to go to Seattle, which is notoriously one of the toughest places for a visiting team to play, so if you have a better option I'd steer clear of him as well.
Skimo77
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dnvrfan29 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 am

I would agree with you on this one too. Just qb matchup alone is enough to pass on Kaepernick. He's not nearly good enough yet to keep up in a game with Brady. Going against a mind like Belichick doesn't help matters either. Plus, his last matchup of the season at Seattle is one of his hardest ones. Don't think you missed out on much passing on him
dnvrfan29
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MorningWoodson21 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:23 pm

I agree for the most part, but it all comes down to your situation. Personally I have both Dez and Romo vs Pittsburgh this week, and will be benching both of them. As how this relates to this article, I'm benching Tony in favor of Kaepernick. See what I'm saying? I don't trust Dez with a broken finger, and since Dez has been Tony's go to guy the past 4-5 weeks, I'll be sitting Mr. Romo as well. In my position, Kaepernick was the best pick up, and as such, I took him. Thanks for the help with mine man!
MorningWoodson21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench