Adrian Peterson... I think it is time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson... I think it is time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson... I think it is time

Postby Papa Deuce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:12 pm

to start calling him the greatest running back ever.

Basically he is the whole team..... No QB, and only one good WR, but that WR is frequently hurt or suffering from headaches. And to do it all after the surgery.... just amazing.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson... I think it is time

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Papa Deuce wrote:to start calling him the greatest running back ever.

Basically he is the whole team..... No QB, and only one good WR, but that WR is frequently hurt or suffering from headaches. And to do it all after the surgery.... just amazing.

I can't call him the best ever, but has there ever been a more improbable season? And has another player done so much with so little? A magical season to be sure, hope the Viking fans are enjoying every run. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Papa Deuce » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 am

moochman wrote:
Papa Deuce wrote:to start calling him the greatest running back ever.

I can't call him the best ever, but has there ever been a more improbable season? And has another player done so much with so little? A magical season to be sure, hope the Viking fans are enjoying every run. ;-D

Maybe I am a wee bit early, but this season aside, he's a man among boys. But really, he's had a bunch of great seasons already. But I definitely would put him top 5. I was just having some fun by saying what I did... HOWEVER, I do place him above Tomlinson, Sanders, Simpson, Earl Campbell, Dickerson.... and with another 2 -3 great seasons, I really will mean it when I say greatest RB of all time. Funny tho, how I never hear Shaun Alexander even get a sniff when people talk about the greatest backs ever ( He's about number 14 - 15 on my list ) If he- AP - actually had a team that was good, I would guess he might already be considered #1.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby FirstCoast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 am

I still personally consider Barry Sanders the best ever, I haven't seen a RB yet that could wow me like he did, no matter the opponent. He was special, no doubt. AP is a beast, this season surely has to be in the conversation of best ever, no matter if he breaks the season rushing record. What he's done this year has been beyond anything I've seen before, and I couldn't be happier for the guy. If he doesn't get MVP it'll be a shame.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Chibears » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 pm

AP is a beast. One word for the greatest ever.........Sweetness.
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Peterson could be having the best season a RB has ever had, but when you look at his touchdown # --it is fairly low (11) when you compare it to those of LT (28) or the other RBs who had 20+.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Peterson could be having the best season a RB has ever had, but when you look at his touchdown # --it is fairly low (11) when you compare it to those of LT (28) or the other RBs who had 20+.

Consider the quality of the QB though. How many drives never happened for the sake of poor QB play?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk