Gore TD Fumble Return - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Gore TD Fumble Return

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gore TD Fumble Return

Postby toy4x4 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Gore scored a TD when he picked up a Kaepernick fumble and ran it 90+ yards for a TD.

The stats do not record this TD in the fumble stats and therefore does not show up int the MyFantasy League points. I consider this the same as a Kickoff/Punt return at the least and the owner should get credit for the TD at least. I'm not sure about the yardage though.

I'd like some other commissioner's takes on this also.Thoughts? And this could impact who goes to the Superbowl in the league.
QB: 1pt per 20 Yds Passing - 4pt Passing TD
RB/WR/TE: 1pt per 10 Yds Rushing/Receiving - 6 pts per TD
K: 1 Pt per XP - 3 pts per FP - 6 pts per +50 FG
toy4x4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore TD Fumble Return

Postby Hags888 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am

I use ESPN to run my league, and we essentially have a standard scoring league (minus D/ST yards allowed). Anyway, in that scoring format, Gore got credit for the TD, but not the fumble recovery yards (which, according to ESPN were only 9 yards...I didn't see the game). So, in fractional standard scoring, Gore should have 17.7 points. 83 rush yards plus 24 receiving yards = 11.7 points. Then tack on 6 more for the recovery TD. Unfortunately, he won't get any yards because it wasn't a carry or a reception, nor was it a return (there was no kick). No one ever gets yards/points for picking up a fumble and running with it, at least not in a standard scoring league.

In general, anytime a player scores a touchdown in a standard scoring league, they get 6 points. Whether it's on a rushing carry, reception, kick return, fumble recovery, etc, it doesn't matter; a touchdown = 6 points always. Hope that helps.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gore TD Fumble Return

Postby bigmck » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 pm

toy4x4 wrote:Gore scored a TD when he picked up a Kaepernick fumble and ran it 90+ yards for a TD.

The stats do not record this TD in the fumble stats and therefore does not show up int the MyFantasy League points. I consider this the same as a Kickoff/Punt return at the least and the owner should get credit for the TD at least. I'm not sure about the yardage though.

I'd like some other commissioner's takes on this also.Thoughts? And this could impact who goes to the Superbowl in the league.

Gore did get credit for one TD. Are you saying he should also have gotten credit for a second TD because it should apply in a different category also?
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner