Free Agent Acquisition...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Free Agent Acquisition...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Agent Acquisition...WHIR

Postby wtr23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 am

In the most unlikely turn of events I squeaked by my opponent in the Sunday evening game and advanced to the next round of the playoffs. With one game still to be decided, I thought it best to stock up on free agents. I have a solid team, some of the picks are simply to take options away from future opponents. Here's a couple recent transactions:

1. Dropped Chris Givens for Rod Streater- with Amendola back Givens stock is on the decline, meanwhile Streater has become a reliable target in Oakland and had 10+ fantasy points in his last 3 games (ppr helps here)

2. Dropped Andrew Hawkins for Harrison Smith- IDP is tough to tackle sometimes. It's really a game of streaks, and Harrison has been on a roll with above avg numbers over the last 3 weeks.

Now I need to decide who to pick up to replace Bryce Brown. He's done nothing but harm my chances at winning lately, and with 3 decent options at RB I feel like his time is up. Now I just need help deciding who to pick up. At the top of my list would be Pitta, he's had two huge games in a row and some of the guys are hurting at TE. Here's a list of some possible pick ups:

Pitta
Wilson/Kaep
Montell Owens
Blackmon/J. Morgan/D. Harris/Gibson/Hixon
SD defense

Like I said, most of these players I wouldn't start higher than flex, this is strictly tactics. Who do you pick up and why? Leave a link and WHIR as always
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Free Agent Acquisition...WHIR

Postby FirstCoast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:20 pm

I'd ride the hot player and say get Pitta. TE, as you said, as been a pain for a lot of people, and Caldwell seems like he likes to incorporate them. That and with a struggling offense and the new coordinator, I see Pitta being a good safety valve option for Flacco for the time being.

viewtopic.php?t=532602
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions