Need TE help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need TE help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need TE help

Postby FirstCoast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 pm

I made it to the league championship game, but it wasn't because of TEs. They've been a boon for me for at least the last month, posting 1's and 0's (lol binary). I have Davis and Myers, and both have only had flashes this year. I've been snakebitten on the position since it seems like a down year for TEs in general, but I need one next week that can put up a serviceable amount. Any good TEs I should pick up from free agency that can help me? These are the top ones available;

J. Dreessen
A. Fasano
M. Lewis
D. Clark

So should I stick with what I have or take one of the above? I'll preface again by saying that I've gotten by with lousy TE production, so even marginal numbers like 5 points or so would be fine by me right now.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need TE help

Postby wtr23 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks for help with mine...

I really don't like any of those options, for now I think Myers is the best option you have. Clark had a good game only because the Bucs were blown out and playing from behind. Fasano isn't going to get many targets, if he doesn't get in the endzone he is worthless. Dreessen is a #2 and I think Manning favors Tamme over him given prior history. Lewis was a good option but after 2 straight duds I can't recommend any free agents. I'd say stick with Myers and Davis, anyone else is a downgrade.

If I had to pick one to start this week, I'd say Myers and hope the raiders use him to work up the field and maybe score (can't win kicking FGs in Carolina)
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Re: Need TE help

Postby johnnyfantasy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

bro namath,

my man i have had the same problem TES are (DAVIS CLARK and HARBOR). now i like harbor since he got a lot of red zone targets last week and is speedy. He has a favorable matchup against the skinnys but a little bird told me brent celek was coming back. Both these guys could be a decent option after you further analyze this as nick foles seems to lean on them.

Also, dwayne allen against the cheifs could be nice and i wouldnt worry about fleener as allen has a better rapport with the kid luck.

Mccoy vs Zachman Miller, I like miller as mccoy just gets points off the big play.

I would consider the idea of benching davis and myers, guys you had all year for the finals. How bad does it suck to finally take a guy out of your lineup and have them hang 20 on the pine? No doubt davis and myers are the better athletes. Davis just missed a 50 yard touchdown last week as colin kap over threw him when he torched the pats LBs.

If you held a gun to my head, id start clark as freeman coming off a bad game will look to the easy TE pass and get back on track

-yaboy johnnf
johnnyfantasy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions