Should I try to improve at RB or WR or both? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I try to improve at RB or WR or both?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I try to improve at RB or WR or both?

Postby mike208 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I feel like I could use some help for the final game at both RB and WR. Here's who I have

WR-Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Jeremy Maclin, Jordy Nelson(probably out this week)
RB-Doug Martin, Bryce Brown, Steven Jackson, Steven Ridley, Montel Owens

I need 2 start 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 1 flex(WR or RB). Options available on waivers are DeAngelo Williams and Danny Amendola.

Doug Martin had an off week last week, but should bounce back this week. Bryce Brown had 2 great weeks, then has put up 2 duds, I don't think I can trust him in the final game, but I am scared to drop him and have my opponent pick him up and have him put up another big game. Jackson does his thing, but is always an injury risk. Steven Ridley had fumble issues last week and may loses touches this week because of it. Montel Owens will be the guy I drop for one of these 2 pickups.

Denario had some good weeks, so I pick him up and its a dud, and he is facing a tough pass defense this week, not sure I trust his output potential. Mike Williams doesn't put up big numbers, but is usually good for 6-8 guaranteed with the potential for 10-13 with a TD. Jeremy Maclin is boom or bust. Jordy Nelson likely won't play this week.

Heres my dilemma, I can actually pick up both Williams and Amendola. The problem with that idea means I have to drop either 2 of the people from my lists above, or 1 of them and 1 of my backups of positions I only have 1 backup at. Meaning I would have to drop my backup TE, so if my starter gets hurt in practice, I have no TE to play this week because I am only allowed the 2 moves. I also have backup QB and IDP I could drop, but again, one injury and I am out a spot. I can pick up one player now and wait till just before the games sunday and pick up the other. But there is potential my opponent could pick up one or both of these guys. So which is the better pickup, and should I take both now or one and wait on the other? As I said i can also drop 2 of the people from my lists above, like Ownes and Nelson. If I knew for sure Nelson won't play this week then I would definitely do that.

Thanks for the help.
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I try to improve at RB or WR or both?

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Is Stewart going to play this week for the Panthers? Could take away from DeAngelos PT. Is it PPR, if so drop Owens a pick him up.
Denario, Amendola and Mike Williams or Maclin (whichever you are more comfy with) at WR and flex, Hope for Martin to get back on track and Ridley vs Jags. GL

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions