RB & WR help for FINALS - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB & WR help for FINALS - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB & WR help for FINALS - WHIR

Postby KenDawg19 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 pm

12 Team PPR

1. Pick one RB: Ridley at Jax, DeAngelo vs Oak, or Green-Ellis at Pit?
2. Pick one WR: Fitzgerald vs Chi, Alexander at NYJ or Hilton at KC?

Thanks in advance. Leave a link to yours.

Lineup
QB Ryan
RB Spiller
RB ?
WR Cruz
WR Shorts
WR ?
TE Scheffler
K Hanson
DST Falcons
RES Roesthlisberger
RES B. Brown
RES M. Lewis
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB & WR help for FINALS - WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Ridley and Hilton are easy answers IMHO. Good luck.

Please help? viewtopic.php?t=532670
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby 8rattoon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Keep an eye on any anti-Ridley sentiment coming from Belichick leading up to Sunday. Otherwise it's Hilton and Ridley.

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?t=532711
8rattoon
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KenDawg19 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 am

Anyone else? WHIR!
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby indyindian » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 am

I like Hilton & Deangelo. Ridley is shakey, NE may even roll with Woodhead.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532782
indyindian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SultanOfSwag » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 am

Unless I'm a big underdog in a matchup, I always try to go with the safer guy, the guy who produced all season. For that reason, plus the great matchup, I think you have to roll with Ridley. Fitzgerald is pretty much waiver material in 10 team leagues now, and I don't trust anyone on San Diego's offense, especially against a good Jets pass D. Hilton is a home run guy, but still the best bet for 10+ points.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=532784
SultanOfSwag
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 24)

Postby KenDawg19 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:39 am

Anyone else?
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sabomnim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:48 am

hilton and williams
its a shame fitz has no qb, waste of a year on a talented WR
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Lips » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:01 am

Green Ellis and Hilton.

Pats are going to throw it all day, and tight ends will get goal line looks. skip Ridley.
Chromartie will shut down Alexander.

Please help with mine.

viewtopic.php?t=532845
Lips
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

RB's
DeAngelo Williams is no longer a fantasy option this week. First of all, last week's stat line was a fluke. It was the early 21-0 lead that allowed Williams to get all those touches, not to mention J Stewart's absence. Sure, Cam could get the Panthers out to an early lead once again since OAK is such an awful defense, but Jonathan Stewart is also back and will likely be gobbling up about 40% of the touches Williams would have gotten.

Law Firm is sledding much better (like he cares) now than he did the last time the Bengals met the Steelers (when BJE seemed to not even care). With Dalton's accuracy falling into the toilet in November and December, Law Firm's role has definitely increased in the Bengals offense. Unfortunately, he will have his toughest test against Dick LeBeau's defense this week, which ranks #5 in fantasy points allowed to RB's. In "reality", Pittsburgh is #4 against the run this season.

There's no chance you sit Ridley this week. His production is down as of late, but it's going to be just fine tomorrow against the absolute worst run defense in the league: JAX. People who talk about Belichick limiting Ridley's role after the fumble are taking things way too far. First of all, if you've watched Belichick's offense over the last decade, time and time again Brady will throw to a guy right after he drops one; a runner who fumbled will get carries again (remember Ridley getting a goal line carry against SF last week AFTER the fumble?) It's almost like clockwork. So, these statements of Belichick benching Ridley as if he's Tom Coughlin are ill-founded. Next, Woodhead is a solid ball-carrier in the rain, and it was pouring in Foxborough last week. That was more a factor in his touches than Ridley's "punishment." Finally, remember the Pats were down 31-3. What team still trying to win is going to run the ball when down by 28? Ridley will start tomorrow, and get a ton of touches (I'd wager 20-24) against the pitiful Jaguars front seven. The Patriots are going to dominate the Jaguars, if not the entire game than certainly by the fourth quarter. They should then use the run to burn clock. Start 'em. (I'd even pick Ridley to have a bigger day than Spiller.)

WR's
This is not the week to expect Fitzgerald to break his 2012 fantasy slump. It's tragic, but Larry is suffering from terrible QB troubles in ARI. If he does suddenly get a 100yd or 2 TD game, it's against all conventional wisdom: the Cards offense is rubbish, and the Chicago secondary is very opportunistic. Unfortunate, but he's still a sit.

Malcolm Floyd is hurt, so Antonio Cromardie will be covering Danario Alexander tomorrow. That's bad news for guys like you who were hoping last week's fantasy goose egg from Alexander would be turned around this week. Rivers will struggle, and Alexander will be catch-less (or close to it) again this week.

Take advantage of Hilton's matchup against KC. The Chiefs have packed it in for the year, especially on defense. They are the second-worst fantasy scoring defense in the NFL season-long; and their 14th-ranked defense against WR's is skewed towards the first part of the year: the last time they intercepted a pass was in week 12, last week's zero sacks was their first sack-less game since week 8, and their offense certainly isn't going to help keep the defense off the field (as usual). I would start T.Y. Hilton, who is the #7 fantasy WR over the past 5 weeks. This will likely be a nice game for him: either 100 yds receiving or a TD or 2. Start 'em.

Ridley and Hilton. Good luck.
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench