Pick 3 RB: Moreno, Forte, Charles, Spiller? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 3 RB: Moreno, Forte, Charles, Spiller? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 3 RB: Moreno, Forte, Charles, Spiller? WHIR

Postby angels7777 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 am

.5 PPR

I only have 3 spots for 4 studs.
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 3 RB: Moreno, Forte, Charles, Spiller? WHIR

Postby Cheesypoofs73 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 am

Moreno (averaging high points/game (many carries) since McGahee went out)
Charles (cuz he's not going against Oakland which means limited touches)
Forte (match-up against Arizona, very weak as of late against the run)

Help me!
viewtopic.php?t=532725
Cheesypoofs73
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indibuck » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 pm

tough one....

Moreno
Forte
Spiller

tough to sit Charles, as he has the highest upside, but we saw last week what his downside is... I like the above 3 for consistency.

Thanks for your help with mine. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby melotime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Bench Forte
melotime
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jeffro10 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:35 pm

jeffro10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby melotime » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:55 am

No way you bench Spiller
melotime
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dgcesq » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm struggling with Charles. He's had less than a stud season, and last week got 10 touches (or was it 9)? In any event, if the KC offense doesn't regard him as a stud RB, why should be? I know we drafted him as a stud, but he's not having a stud season. He had absolutely abyssimal weeks in week2, 6, 8, 9, and 15. That's 1/3 of his games where he scored less than 10 pts for me in my ESPn league. He had stud weeks in weeek 3 and 14 (the only 2 weeks he got over 20 pts in my ESPN league (he had 19 pts in week 4). So, unscientifically, he has more bust weeks than boom weeks, and the rest of his games are pretty average. He is playing a weak run defense, however, and there's always the potential of a breakout. Anyway, enough of my indecision on Charles.

I hate Forte. Without fail, that guy's a let down evry time I start him. However, he's been on a decent streak the last few weeks, and has a good matchup. I'd start him, but plan on him getting only average points - not stud points. Basically, a RB2. But I think that depends on how you think about Charles, too.

Moreno: I'd start him. Great matchup vs CLE. CLE's generous to opposing RBs, and Manning opens the running game, and he's getting plenty of touches.

Spiller. Buffalo's only man with some offense to speak of, playing against MIA. Good averages, nothing spectacular.

So why did I start by talking about Charles? BEcause I think he's the X-factor. If you think he's going to be on fire this week (and he might), then he's your RB1, Moreno's your RB2, and you're only trying to decide between Forte and Spiller (really a can't go wrong situation IF you're looking for RB3). If you think Charles has another bad week, or only an average week, then I think you're looking for 3 safe, but average runners - so it's Charles on the bench because you think he's too unpredictable, and you play Moreno, Forte and Spiller and feel safe with average to above-average point.

Good luck!

I could use some help too. http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532880
dgcesq
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby angels7777 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 am

Here's my lineup vs his if it makes a difference.
.5PPR
Rodgers
Britt, Marshall, LANCE Moore
Spiller, Forte, Moreno
A. Hernandez

Romo
Dez Brayant, Andre Johnson, James Jones
Foster, Richardson
Pitta, Kyle Rudolph

I lean toward sitting Charles for two reasons. Charles is boom/bust as is Britt. Since I have no choice but i am forced to play Britt. The other three RB will give me solid points I think. What do you guys think? Should I play this guy straight up or do I need a home run from Charles to pull off the win this week?
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)

Postby jacer333 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:08 am

I don't see how you bench Charles and Spiller here. Yes Charles has been a headache at times and didn't get the normal touches last week, but I like his matchup and potential against Indy.

Between Moreno and Forte, I lean towards starting Forte.

Please take a look and help: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=532875
jacer333
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kdub74 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 am

Tough spot, I'll just say this. Put Spiller in that lineup and don't put your curser anywhere near him. Don't touch him... don't do anything that might even be thought of as pulling him out. Benching him even against Miami's brutal defense is just... just don't do.

As for who to sit... tough choice. Moreno and Forte are both very safe picks. I LIKE safe picks. both guys are in that guaranteed 15-20 point range barring something goofy happening.

Charles... man, dude could go off, but I HATE risky plays. If your opponents team isn't significantly stronger than yours and you think 55ish points from your 3 RB's will vault you to victory, then sit Charles... if you think you'll need more out of them and need to gamble... then start Charles and sit Forte and pray that the football gods smile upon you.

viewtopic.php?t=532930
kdub74
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench