Made the Championship Playing pick-up D - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Made the Championship Playing pick-up D

Moderator: Football Moderators

Made the Championship Playing pick-up D

Postby rstandi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Didn't draft a good d in the beginning, so just been picking up the good matchups over the season. Been Pretty successful. This week, that pickup points to ARI vs CHI. How do you guys feel about that? I also have ATL vs DET, CIN v PITT, or WAS vs PHI.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
rstandi
rstandi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Made the Championship Playing pick-up D

Postby rstandi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 am

Anyone?

Rstandi
rstandi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Made the Championship Playing pick-up D

Postby broseph jacobs » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:53 am

It's a tough call between ARI and ATL.

Atlanta had that big game last week, and showed what very few reccognized verbally this year: the Falcons defense is very opportunistic and very good against elite QBs. Stafford has fallen out of the "elite" conversation, but he airs it out more than any other Q in the league. Samuel and company should/could be in-line for a few picks tomorrow. Or they could get scored on a lot, as Calvin Johnson attempts to break Jerry Rice's record. Most likely it will be a combo of both.

Arizona had a great game last week as well, and the Chicago offense has been non-existant. It's gotten to the point where the Bears rely on their defense for, not just turnovers, but also for their team's points. Everyone has been talking about CHI's terrible O-line since the off-season, and it's been every bit as bad as expected in protecting Cutler. And, I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else feel like looking at Cutler play and hearing him talk the guy has sustained too many head-blows this year? Cutler doesn't mind throwing the ball to the ground in frustration and sulking with his head facing the ground as he lurks back towards the sideline. He looks like he's given up, even though the Bears have an outside chance of getting into the playoffs. And who can blame the guy: he's under-pressure so often.

I would play Arizona. Both are very good defenses, but Stafford has the ability to post points (as does LeShoure from time to time). Chicago has run out of offensive options, barring a miraculous outing from their O-line. I am also starting ARI in one of my leagues this Sunday. Good luck.

If you have time viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532809
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Return to Who to Start/Bench