Help with QB and TE - WHIR until Sunday! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Help with QB and TE - WHIR until Sunday!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with QB and TE - WHIR until Sunday!

Postby SultanOfSwag » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:30 am

Ok guys, I'm in the semifinals of my league and I'm the #1 seed. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding who to play this weekend, so hopefully I get some different thoughts on here. Below is my complete roster:

QB: Stafford
RB: Forte
RB: Ridley
WR: Cruz
WR: Amendola
Flex: Vick Ballard
TE: Gates
D/ST: SD
K: Bailey

Bench:
Kapernick
D. Moore
Martellus Bennett
Tony Scheffler
Danario Alexander
Antonio Brown
Bryce Brown

Standard scoring 12 team league, NOT PPR. Usually I'm pretty confident in my starters, but last week my team posted 26 points (I was on a first round bye, thankfully) and now I'm second guessing my lineup. My main questions are regarding who to start at QB and TE. I've rolled with Stafford all year, but he's had a few bad games, and last week was awful. Atlanta is tough on QB's as well. I snagged Kaepernick off waivers and he's put up solid points in every start, but I'm really worried about the matchup as Seattle at home is a nightmare for opposing QB's. I think my team can outscore his barring any huge games, so really I just want the safer pick. But right now I have no idea who that is.

For TE, I'm between Gates/Bennett/Scheffler. Gates is a huge disappointment this year, and the Jets are very tough against tight ends. I'd normally go with Bennett, but if Manning and the Giants offense struggles again I really don't feel comfortable having 2 positions tied to that team (Cruz + Bennett). I just got Scheffler off waivers. He's never been a great play this year, but with Pettigrew out and the other injuries to Lions receivers, I figure he's next in line for targets after Calvin.

The TL;DR version: Do I start Stafford or Kapernick at QB? Should I start Gates/Bennett/Scheffler at TE?

I'm really confused on this one, and this is against the guy who beat me in the finals last year, so I'd like some payback lol. Also, if you think I should change anything else around I'm open to ideas (still considering starting Brown over Amendola). I'LL RESPOND TO ANY OTHER HELP TOPICS IF YOU LINK THEM IN YOUR REPLY UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING. Thanks!
SultanOfSwag
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help with QB and TE - WHIR until Sunday!

Postby leffe186 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks for your help. I've had Stafford all year too - he's been starting terribly most games but picking up late points. It finally caught up with him last week. That's a really tough call. Kaepernick does have the added insurance of his running game. The Seahawks have been doing well against the QB, but look at the teams they've faced - the last six were the Vikings, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bears, the Cards and the Bills. And they gave up 19 points to the QB against the Bears. I'd say Kaepernick was the safer bet (though it's very close).

I'd start Gates. This year has been such a nightmare for TEs (mine all got injured, then I picked up Daniels in a trade and he's been meh) that I think you may as well throw darts at a board to choose. Sure, the Jets have been pretty good against TEs, but the Ravens have been even better.

My league has 2 WR/TEs and one FLEX, so I have actually ditched TEs entirely for the last couple of weeks (Daniels is on my bench). Bet you wish you could do the same!
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 100)

Postby KenDawg19 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Sorry man. Saw this too late (after Sat game started). Who did you end up going with?
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby itsme2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 am

To late to for my thoughts in for QB but for TE I'd go with Gates

your thoughts
viewtopic.php?t=532919
itsme2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Who to Start/Bench