Overthinking - bring me back down! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Overthinking - bring me back down! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Overthinking - bring me back down! WHIR

Postby bisklimpkit » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:32 am

I'm tearing my hair out trying to choose my RB/Flex candidates. I'm in a standard scoring league, NO PPR. Here are my options:

Leshoure versus ATL
Reggie Bush versus BUF
McCoy versus WAS
Deangelo Williams versus OAK
Eric Decker versus CLE

I can start 3 of these guys. Right now I'm leaning toward starting Leshoure, Bush, and Decker, but with Stewart out I could see Williams having a big day. I'm worried about McCoy because he hasn't played for a month and they say they're going to rotate him in with Brown. I'm also a little worried about Leshoure because I think Detroit is going to have to throw a ton, and Bell is the back that's typically in when passing. Not too sure what to think about Decker - he sucked for 5 weeks and then put up a big game again last week. Which Decker shows up?

Leave a link and I'll try to help you back. Thanks!
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Overthinking - bring me back down! WHIR

Postby kdub74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 am

I'd avoid LeShoure right now. Atlanta is playing with a major chip on their shoulder and after what they did to NY... I get the feeling like Detroit is going to be throwing early and often to play catchup. He will get a couple catches out of the backfield, but not many carries.

My week 16 post
viewtopic.php?t=532801
kdub74
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Overthinking - bring me back down! WHIR

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

You have some good choices here but I like the 3 that you are leaning towards.

Deangelo - he's their 2nd RB on that team behind Cam. Yes, he does have TD's the past 2 weeks but they're both off of screens which is a little bit of a fluke and they caught an aggresive D at the right time. And you know he's not going to get any carries inside the 5 yard line, those are going to Tolbert. Bench'em

McCoy - there's just too many question marks here. You gotta bench'em. Even when he was healthy he wasn't having a GREAT season like he did last year, he's been doing just OK. In his last 6 games when he was healthy he averaged exactly 16 carries per game, he only broke 100 yards once in those 6 games, in the other 5 games he averaged 3.2 yds / carry. Also, only 1 TD in those 6 games. Philly is just not the same this year.

Then basically by process of elimination Reggie, Decker, and Leshoure are your starters and I would feel confident about starting all 3 of these guys. Not of them are exactly head scratchers. Good Luck!

Help with mine? Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=532796
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Who to Start/Bench