Need advice for Championship Game WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need advice for Championship Game WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need advice for Championship Game WHIR

Postby dpscanlan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:24 pm

I have been hit hard this year with injuries but have been able to consistently win all year using Waiver Wire picks. I am afraid that this may be th end of my run. I am in a 12 team non-PPR league. I am going against Tom Brady, Frank Gore and a fairly stacked team. I need every point I can squeeze out. My gut choices are in RED.

QB - RG3, Eli Manning, Sam Bradford
RB - Arian Foster, Bryce Brown, Jonathan Dywer, MJD (OUT), Marcel Reece (Pick 2)
WR - Vincent Jackson, T.Y. Hilton, Greg Jennings, Danario Alexander, Riley Cooper
TE- Jimmy Graham
FLEX- Pick one from WR/RB leaning towards Danario Alexander
DEF- Bears, Seahawks

Available on waiver wire - Montell Owens, Mike Goodson, Mike Tolbert, Bilal Powell ( I know not much there)

At QB, I find it hard not to play RG3. He has gotten me where I am, but I am concerned about his mobility. Eli has let me down the 2 times I played him and Sam Bradford has a decent matchup this week. Do I stick with RG3 or go with Bradford.

At RB, Foster is a no brainer. Bryce Brown was great for 2 weeks when I was in a bind but hasn't done much since and now McCoy is supposed to start. I don't trust him. Dwyer has been up and down, but I think he should get the majority of the carries but he goes against a tough Cinci defense. Reece probably won't get many carries behind RunDMC. What do you think about Tolbert against Oakland or Powell against the Chargers?

As for Flex, before last week I would have said no problem, Alexander. But he was shut out last week and will probably be covered by Cromartie this week. Riley Cooper has a good match up this week but can Foles get him the ball? I am having a hard time playing any of my RBs at RB (except Foster) let alone using them at Flex.

Defense- The Bears were great early this season but have been dealing with injuries, but they are playing the Cardinals. A great matchup for any good defense, as Seattle proved 2 weeks ago (Got me 41 points!) The Seahawks have a tougher matchup and may be missing a couple of key players.

I think I am set, but I just needed a bit of a sanity check. All advise/opinions is appreciated and I will definitely WHIR.

Thanks
dpscanlan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need advice for Championship Game WHIR

Postby DAtaris17 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 pm

I know it's a tough matchup with Cro, but I think I'd go Alexander over Hilton. Indy might not have to be as pass happy as usual against KC and with Mathews and Floyd out Alexander will be relied on for production even more than before. Otherwise, I like the picks you have.

viewtopic.php?t=532832
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DAtaris17 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Nevermind see the Flex thing now, so yeah, if you're playing both Hilton and DX I like the selections you have.
DAtaris17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby lurchdr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 pm

yea good lineup. Maybe think about Cooper over Alexander if your nervous and want to be a hero. Alexander caused me to lose last week with his goose egg I dont want to trust him
lurchdr
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby dpscanlan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am

I am looking for a couple more opinions before the games start today. Who should I start at WR & Flex?

Thanks, WHIR
dpscanlan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench