Fantasy Football Dud, Reality Football Stud - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Football Dud, Reality Football Stud

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Dud, Reality Football Stud

Postby BBandits » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm

If you bring up the name Chris Johnson around a keyboard warrior of the fantasy football world, you’ll get a rant that could go on for hours that will have you walking away from the conversation thinking the guy shouldn’t even be playing in the National Football League. When in fact CJ2K is one of the premiere running backs of the last five years. He has rushed for over a 1,000 yards in all five of his NFL seasons, including a 2,509 yard season in 2009. He has been selected to three Pro Bowls and was the 2009 NFL AP Offensive Player of the Year.

So why is such a talent hated by the fans of the Roto world? Because they most likely drafted him in the first round of their fantasy football league. Because that’s where the experts had him ranked. Does Johnson have the ability to be a first round pick? Of course he does and he has shown in the past that he has the ability to be a number one running back in fantasy football. Should he have been drafted in the first round? In hindsight no, he plays for the Tennessee Titans who were starting a sophomore quarterback with a handful of starts. The offensive line has been terrible and defensive schemes have been constructed to shut down Johnson and challenge the young quarterback to beat them.

If Chris Johnson was a free agent in the NFL today, you would have at least half the league calling his agent to offer more money than you and I could ever dream of. If fantasy football drafts were done today Chris Johnsons name would drop round after round until one guy in the league who thinks he‘s getting a steal drafts him. I enjoy playing fantasy football but I enjoy watching NFL games even more. I enjoy watching a player like Chris Johnson on a football field , he’s a threat to take one to the house every time he touches the ball. So do yourself a favor close the laptop, grab yourself a beverage, and tune into a Titans game and watch CJ2K a NFL stud.
BBandits
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Dud, Reality Football Stud

Postby Stevooo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

But we all play fantasy football and that's what matters here :)
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Re: Fantasy Football Dud, Reality Football Stud

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

I actually like the RB formally worthy of nicknames. FFBers will still feel the sting and he may fall a round or so further. Could be a very nice value pick next year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk