week 17 Championship help needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

week 17 Championship help needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

week 17 Championship help needed

Postby Solak » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Well, I'm in the finals and as always with a week 17 league, it's extremely weird. I'm just going to list the positions and players I have available below and tell me what you guys think, keeping in mind both the matchups and who is likely to rest this week to be ready for the playoffs. I'll put them in order of preference.

Standard Scoring PPR.

QB - Russell Wilson, Mat Stafford, Andrew Luck
RB -LeSean McCoy, Joique Bell, Mikel Leshoure, Ray Rice
WR - Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Stevie Johnson, Victor Cruz
TE/WR Flex Jimmy Graham + 2 WR not used above
TE/WR/RB flex. Any not used above.
K - Kai Forbath
Def - Tennessee, New York Jets

My biggest questions are Wilson over Stafford? I think so but Mat has been so inconsistent for me this year, I have trouble trusting him. I realize he has been better then I give him credit for being but I tended to have him benched in those games. I have made one bad choice after another between him and Luck all year. (I just picked up Wilson a couple of weeks ago for this week specifically.)

The other question is RB. McCoy and Rice seem to be no brainers but last year McCoy didn't even play in week 17 and this year Balt is already saying they may limit Rice. The lions have nothing to play for this year, but Bell and Leshoure seem like they may get some decent numbers especially Bell since Stafford does tend to throw to him.

At WR Marshall and Garcon seem to be no brainers. I have been disapointed with Cruz all year, but the Giants really need to win.... How about the Philly matchup? their defence seems to change character each week.

And Graham? He is playing injured and hasn't found the end zone in weeks. But he has a good matchup in Carolina.

Thoughts?

WHIR if you want to post a link. (assuming anyone else is still playing)
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: week 17 Championship help needed

Postby wtr23 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm

I think Wilson starts at QB. No hope for the playoffs once again in Detroit, but the Seahawks showed us Sunday night that we can't count them out just yet. Wilson has been putting up fantastic numbers lately, so much so I considered (briefly) starting Wilson over Rodgers a couple weeks back. Luck turned up the heat mid season but he has burned quite a few the last two or three weeks as his production has dropped off some. I think Wilson is the guy to start here, especially against the Rams after seeing the lesser QB Freeman throw for 300+ and a score against them this week.

I think you have to start shady and Rice as RB1 and 2, a limited rice is as good as your other options at full capacity. Unless Rice doesn't suit up, I'd be starting him. Leshoure and Bell are interesting plays, bell moreso in PPR. I'm thinking the Lions won't be as far behind chicago as they were against Atlanta, meaning Leshoure has a bigger workload of the two.
If Bernard Pierce is available I think he is worthy of a pickup, and possibly a start in the flex. I've seen quite a few Ravens games over the last few weeks, Pierce would come in late in the game so Rice could rest and after the 100 yard game from him last week, I think he's in for a big week if Rice is limited. I like Graham in the WR/TE flex, and if Pierce is available I'd plug him in for the W/R/T flex spot, if not I think Leshoure goes here.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby BravesGuy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 am

I'm starting Stafford. I know he has a tougher matchup, but I think he is going to chase that 5,000 yard mark and if he puts up 305+ passing yards then you should be in good shape.
BravesGuy Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Solak » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm

wtr23 wrote:If Bernard Pierce is available I think he is worthy of a pickup, and possibly a start in the flex. I've seen quite a few Ravens games over the last few weeks, Pierce would come in late in the game so Rice could rest and after

Hummm. I forgot to list Pierce, but I picked him up a couple of weeks back as a handcuff. So yeah, it is a thought to put him in the flex spot. Esp after 13 something points last week in my league.

Thanks.
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby soon179 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 am

Since you got him for this week I would go with Willison he has been so good as of late you should not second guess it. I also would go with Mcoy and Leshoure ( I dont think the lions will be up or down much that they dont use him. I like him over bell and go with Pierce in your flex. For WR's I would go with Marshall and Garcon too but add Graham at TE and Cruz and well I dont know I relly dont like Steve Johnson at all this week but it looks like you may need to go with him too , You got quite alot of slots to fill .

Good luck and Thanks for the help on mine!
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PatriotsGirl » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Leshoure, Garcon, Rice. You've got the right idea. Go with your gut. ;-D
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff