In the 'ship! Who to use to replace Miller? Plus more! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

In the 'ship! Who to use to replace Miller? Plus more! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

In the 'ship! Who to use to replace Miller? Plus more! WHIR

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:03 am

12 team, no ppr...

Welp, Heath Miller picked a good week to go tear up his knee, now I need a TE for my championship game.

Currently, my options are:
Lance Kendricks @ Sea
Dwayne Allen v. Hou
Brent Celek @ NYG
Jacob Tamme v. KC
Anthony Fasano @ NE
Dallas Clark @. Atl (listed as questionable, illness)

Im a huge underdog (came in as the 8 seed) playing the highest scoring team in my league, who's been on fire especially of late. So while I would prefer a safer play, high risk/reward might be my only way to go. Who do you all think is my best bet?

My other issues lie in my flex/WR2 positions. Here is my starting lineup as it stands

QB: Brees
RB1: Jamal Charles
RB2: BJGE
RB/WR: Danario Alexander
WR1: Steve Smith
WR2: Pierre Garcon
TE: Lance Kendricks
D/ST: Steelers
K: Matt Bryant

Notables on my bench:
Steven Jackson
Lance Moore
Anquan Boldin
Danny Amendola

Boldin may not see a lot of playing time as Baltimore's playoff spot is locked up and he is nursing a bruised shoulder. Moore is part of a slew of viable receivers, however a handcuff TD is always nice, just hard to guess which weeks he will be used, and he was used quite a bit last week...Amendola would be a no-brainer if it were a PPR league, but it's not, and Jeff Fischer will likely do his Jeff Fischer thing and keep the ball on the ground, so he would have to get a touchdown. On the other side of that however is SJax, who Im having a hard time deciding whether to bench or not. St. Louis is not going to the postseason, nor are they going to be keeping Jackson, so they could potentially just run him ragged, but bearing in mind they are playing AT Seattle, and he is pretty old. The Lawfirm, however, could see some bench time as Cincy's spot is also locked up and they may want to save him for the playoffs. Of course there is no way of knowing this. I hate week 17 games!

tl;dr—Garcon, SJax, L. Moore, D. Alexander, B. Green-Ellis...pick 1 WR, 1 RB, and 1 RB/WR

Help me win a giant trophy!!

WHIR always!!
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: In the 'ship! Who to use to replace Miller? Plus more!

Postby wtr23 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:15 am

Ouch, bad timing there.... Of those options I like Tamme, then Celek, and Clark as my 3rd option. I think the relationship between Manning and Tamme is strong, it goes back quite a while. In a game where Denver may limit their receivers some, I like Manning's former team mates Tamme (and maybe even Stokley) to get a couple extra looks in the redzone this week. The return of Vick and the lack of depth in the WR department makes it seem like Maclin and Celek will see increased roles. Clark may have a chance to score if Atlanta plans to sit players this week, though I'm thinking the guys on offense are who they are most concerned with. Its a big reach but I like Clark's chnaces over your other options... I drafted Kendricks last year and expected great things, boy was I wrong. His day last week was made with the 80 yd TD, other than that he is mediocre at best. Allen gets targets in the redzone, the trouble is getting there...Indy can't seem to get close enough for Allen to make an impact in the fantasy world, not in recent weeks anyway. Fasano relies on TDs to have a good game, but close to the endzone the fins run or pass to hartline with mixed results. I don't think this will be the week he stuns the world, go with Tamme here.

WR Garcon
RB Law firm
flex Alexander- floyd is out and its a rivalry game, I'm sure he has a good game here. Raiders have been sneaky good vs the run last 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers goes deep to Alexander for a score.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=533027
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench