Keeper League - Starting to Think for 2013 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper League - Starting to Think for 2013

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League - Starting to Think for 2013

Postby bigrob49er » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi guys,

I am in a non-ppr league, 12 teams and with two keepers. 1 point for position players for every 10 yards. 6 pts for TD. 1 point for every 20 yards for QB. I had a monster season until week 10 when my team went into a funk. I barely made the playoffs, but pulled out a league win with HUGE week 15/16 performances. I did pay close attention to my week 15/16 matchups, I knew if I weathered the storm, I would do OK in the playoffs. WE also have 5 IDP positions, but I don't count them for keepers. This is an experienced 12 team league with 8 very good players and some casual players. Also, Keepers count as your first two round picks. If you keep 2, you start in round three .

As you can see below, I drafted Spiller and Martin. My RB's killed all year. I have had Rogers for 4 years and Forte for two. I'm thinking about keeping Forte and Rogers again, but can't help to think about Martin. What do you think?

Aaron Rodgers (K in 2012)
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Doug Martin
Matt Forte (K in 2012)
Antonio Gates
C.J. Spiller
Reggie Wayne
Vernon Davis
Michael Crabtree
Bigrob49er
Retired Navy Chief

Go Niners. Go SF Giants.

Year to Year Keepes: Rogers and Forte.....Should I keep Doug Martin? ARgh!
bigrob49er
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League - Starting to Think for 2013

Postby Brady82 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 pm

A.Rodgers is a no-brainer, but even being a fellow M.Forte owner (also a keeper for me the last few years) who had his help in week 16 to win another championship, I would move on due to his injury concerns. I'd go with D.Martin as my first choice, CJ Spiller as my second to go along with Rodgers. B-)
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Stevooo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 pm

I would keep Rodgers and Martin.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

bigrob49er wrote:Hi guys,

I am in a non-ppr league, 12 teams and with two keepers. 1 point for position players for every 10 yards. 6 pts for TD. 1 point for every 20 yards for QB. I had a monster season until week 10 when my team went into a funk. I barely made the playoffs, but pulled out a league win with HUGE week 15/16 performances. I did pay close attention to my week 15/16 matchups, I knew if I weathered the storm, I would do OK in the playoffs. WE also have 5 IDP positions, but I don't count them for keepers. This is an experienced 12 team league with 8 very good players and some casual players. Also, Keepers count as your first two round picks. If you keep 2, you start in round three .

As you can see below, I drafted Spiller and Martin. My RB's killed all year. I have had Rogers for 4 years and Forte for two. I'm thinking about keeping Forte and Rogers again, but can't help to think about Martin. What do you think?

Aaron Rodgers (K in 2012)
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Doug Martin
Matt Forte (K in 2012)
Antonio Gates
C.J. Spiller
Reggie Wayne
Vernon Davis
Michael Crabtree

Welcome to the Cafe, Chief!

Do you have to declare your keeper intentions before you know your draft order? How many owners do you think will keep no players?

If you think you will have a pick later than maybe 4th overall, I would keep Doug Martin. If it's an earlier pick, I would probably throw my whole roster back and take BAP.

You have options for your 2nd keeper, although I would maybe be content on just keeping Martin depending on where your 2nd round pick would come. I like Spiller the best.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 am

I'd keep Rodgers and Martin
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 pm

I'd keep Martin first and foremost, then I think it's a tough call between Rodgers and Spiller. I personally would probably go Spiller and lock in two elite backs right away, but I can understand if you're more comfortable keeping Rodgers and searching for a RB2.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions