backup QB for the playoffs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

backup QB for the playoffs

Moderator: Football Moderators

backup QB for the playoffs

Postby etex211 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:48 am

Our league has a second season during the playoffs. Every player on our roster accumulates points throughout the playoffs, and the top 3 finishers get paid. I am trying to adjust my roster to maximize my playoff output. Right now, my three QBs are Ryan, Wilson, and Henne. I'd like to replace Henne with a backup from one of the playoff teams.

So my question is, which backup QB from a playoff team is most likely to see playing time in the playoffs. Or, which starting QB from a playoff team is most likely to get injured?

Right now I've got my eyes on Kirk Cousins (I expect the Redskins to beat the Cowboys this week) and Ryan Mallett.

Thoughts, please.
etex211
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: backup QB for the playoffs

Postby mtculp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 am

That's awfully hard to say until after this Sunday. So many teams on the bubble. Hard to know who is going to be there. The only one I can think of that might have a snowball's chance to play and we are sure his team is in is Alex Smith. Kaepernick runs around alot and could get slammed.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=533044
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PatriotsGirl » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Maybe Mallett? It's one of those that's hard to say.
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby millerpark » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 am

Hoyer,Brian ARI ...He has enough experience to handle himself. It will be a merciless end to a tough season.

Pryor,Terrelle OAK... As with other positions, sometimes one or two big plays overcome enough of a quarterback's mistakes that his overall numbers in that game aren't too shabby. If you're in dire straights, why not take a chance on Pryor?

Taylor,Tyrod BAL... We expect the backups to get play in the 2nd half of this game.

Lewis,Thaddeus CLE...Head Coach Pat Shurmur said Wednesday his offense would have to be parred down significantly if Lewis started Sunday. Inspires confidence, doesn't it?

Osweiler,Brock DEN...Basen on the assumption Osweiler gets a drive or two consisting of mop-up duty.

Hope this helps!
I will be watching these dudes.
Let me kknow what you think!
millerpark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench