Prep for 2013 - keeper auction league - who to sell? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Prep for 2013 - keeper auction league - who to sell?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Prep for 2013 - keeper auction league - who to sell?

Postby V » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 am

10 team keeper auction league, players can be kept at (Salary+$5) up to two times. I only have $185 in next year's auction due to a cap space trade I made to get Ryan+McCoy at the trade deadline (also dealt away a $1 Kaepernick, ugh).

My roster (2nd place, and most $ earned due to top points and top 2 weeks) and keeper values in 2013:

QB (start 2): Ryan ($38), Romo ($42), Schaub ($27), Pryor ($6)
RB (start 2 with RB/WR flex): Charles ($40), Martin ($30), Spiller ($11), Bryce Brown ($8), David Wilson ($10), Montell Owens ($6), Alex Green ($10)
WR (start 2 with RB/WR flex): Calvin ($45), Dez (can't keep), Garcon ($6), Danario Alexander ($7)
TE: Rudolph ($6)

My current plans are to keep Ryan, Charles, Martin, Spiller, Garcon, and Danario. That gives me $132 spent with $53 left to spend on 12 more roster spots (so max bid of $42); I'd need a QB2, a QB3, and a WR3.

Barring a trade, I can't keep Calvin, and as awesome as he is, $45 is tough to pay for a WR, at a position that few players go for more than $20.

I might try to swing Spiller for some cap space (elite RBs go for $55-65 in this league, and he's a free agent after 2013, so I might be able to swing $30-40 in value, allowing me to keep Calvin and spend up to $30 on a second QB of the Romo/Eli tier. Otherwise, I can target some lesser quality cheap keepers to give me some positional depth. A lot depends on if Chan Gailey is fired, and who his replacement is if he is. I think Spiller's awesome, but I want a coach that will keep getting him open space (and not change the blocking schemes) and use him as a clear lead back instead of that bizarre time share with Fred Jackson.

Any other ideas? No hurry, as we can make trades at any time before our keeper deadline before next year's auction.
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prep for 2013 - keeper auction league - who to sell?

Postby V » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am

Only elite free agents:
Aaron Rodgers
Arian Foster
Marshawn Lynch
Dez Bryant
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 pm

:bump:
V
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

I'd be hard pressed not to keep Romo as well in a 2 QB league, how many Qb's go back in? Will you be able to do better than Romo at that price? Wilson at $10 also look very attractive to me
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions