Keeper Thoughts WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Thoughts WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Thoughts WHIR

Postby KSig24 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey all, hope you all had great fantasy seasons. I came in 2nd place in two of the three leagues I play in.

I have a real serious situation when it comes to the keepers I ended up with this year and I need your unbiased opinion on where the best value lies for next season.

PPR format 12 teams. Any player kept is able to be kept at a 2 round penalty based on where he was drafted the previous year. I can only keep THREE!

Demayrius Thomas - 14th rd 2013 draft.
Aaron Hernandez - 14th rd 2013 draft.
DeMarco Murray - 14th rd 2013 draft.
Rob Gronkowski - 14th rd 2013 draft.
Andrew Luck - 13th rd 2013 draft.
Doug Martin - 4th rd 2013 draft.
Julio Jones - 3rd rd 2013 draft.

Which three do you think I should keep?
KSig24
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper Thoughts WHIR

Postby srlarson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Gronk
Martin
Thomas

Would be the three i would keep.....would be temped by Murray with the third keeper just because of the depth at WR.......but I hate the Cowgirls.......

so those are my three.
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:08 pm

I would go with Murray, Gronk, and Thomas based on value.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby JoeyFF » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I would go with Julio, Gronk and Thomas if I were you.
JoeyFF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

KSig24 wrote:Hey all, hope you all had great fantasy seasons. I came in 2nd place in two of the three leagues I play in.

I have a real serious situation when it comes to the keepers I ended up with this year and I need your unbiased opinion on where the best value lies for next season.

PPR format 12 teams. Any player kept is able to be kept at a 2 round penalty based on where he was drafted the previous year. I can only keep THREE!

Thomas for a 14th
Gronk for a 14th (or obviously even a 13th)

These 2 are no-brainers IMHO... not only because of the value you get, but the amount of time you will be able to keep them based on your league's settings.

The last comes down to Julio and Martin, both are great value, but I would keep Martin for a 4th (and then possibly a 2nd in 2014). I think Martin will be a consensus top-5 RB next year, and he balances out your keepers so that you can draft BAP next year without consideration to roster needs early.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:30 am

11stever11 wrote:I would go with Murray, Gronk, and Thomas based on value.

I'd do this right here, can't beat these 3 at the price you're paying
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 pm

So I'm guessing the top two rounds from last year are back in the draft so there is lots of RB talent to be had in those rounds. With that in mind, I think you have to go with value rather than talent. If you can draft two solid RB's in the first rounds I would keep Gronk, Thomas and Murray. If you don't think the depth with be there in the draft keep Martin instead of Murray.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 pm

I would go the value route with Murray/Thomas and Gronk. Even better would be if you can trade some of these in the offseason for picks, you have TOO many good keepers. Trade someone Martin and a 4th round pick for a 1st round pick and then keep those 3 mentioned above and your team will be stacked. Im sure you could get a great offer on Hernandez too, unless you want him to get back in the pool
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby daullaz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Indibuck wrote:
KSig24 wrote:Hey all, hope you all had great fantasy seasons. I came in 2nd place in two of the three leagues I play in.

Thomas for a 14th
Gronk for a 14th (or obviously even a 13th)

These 2 are no-brainers IMHO... not only because of the value you get, but the amount of time you will be able to keep them based on your league's settings.

The last comes down to Julio and Martin, both are great value, but I would keep Martin for a 4th (and then possibly a 2nd in 2014). I think Martin will be a consensus top-5 RB next year, and he balances out your keepers so that you can draft BAP next year without consideration to roster needs early.

I agree with Indi. I'd take Martin at a 4th over Murray at a 12th (accounting for the fact that you already have two 14ths).
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions